Thread: 2005 silverado cammed 5.3 / 4l60e

Potential Tuner

2005 silverado cammed 5.3 / 4l60e

2005 Silverado 5.3 w 4l60e
    Stage 4 BTR Truck Cam V2 - 224/230 @ .553"
    ls6 valve springs .550 lift
    862 ported and polished heads

Truck idles good but dies out at times. Also jumps rpm's go to 1900-2000 rpm when put into gear. anything look off with the tune?

no exhaust leaks or vacuum leaks. Thought that was the problem at first.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, you have the base running airflow through the roof when you put in in drive. That is a problem right there because it goes from 9 to 25...

The MAF and VE table must be tuned well to make a large camshaft like that behave. Having fueling under control is huge. Find the happy medium with idle timing too. Generally around 20ish works well with most camshafts while also having the over/underspeed spark corrections tables around +/- 8-10 degrees so it's not dip/diving all over the place.

Don't be surprised if you run out of fuel at full throttle with how high this engine can rev and make power at. Watch your wideband and injector duty cycle in the upper rpm.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much! New to this tuning thing. Trying to learn as much as possible. Having a lot of fun

Potential Tuner
    just curious how your truck is running now? my setup is very similar to yours camshaft is a little different
    228/230 .585 lift ELGIN E1840P sloppy mechanics stage 2, texas speed beehive valve springs everything else is the same. im having the same issues. i was wondering if u was able to correct your issues and what u did if so. also what exhaust did u go with?

Potential Tuner
    My exhaust right now is straight piped with high flow cats axle dumped. Just ordered a Borla ProXS muffler. Got it running pretty good idling and in drive. Still have some work to do with it as it is my first time tuning but enjoying the process! my issue was airflow was too low in idle and way too high when in gear. played around with it for a while and got it pretty close. Going to be spending this weekend gettig it tuned in. Running pretty rich at the moment too.

Potential Tuner
    AQAQQaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa