Thread: Need to get them to support 06-09 RRS 4.2 S/C

Need to get them to support 06-09 RRS 4.2 S/C

They don't support 06-09 4.2 S/C. This is a great platform and it sucks they don't support these model years. It's basically a destroked Cobra engine. Really wanted to see what I could get out of this thing on e-85. SMH I bought this thing last year and never got a chance to use it because it wouldn't read my model year vehicle,(2008). Anyone got any information on a tune or unlock for the ECU of 06-09 model year RRS S/C?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackledorfmcsween View Post
    They don't support 06-09 4.2 S/C. This is a great platform and it sucks they don't support these model years. It's basically a destroked Cobra engine. Really wanted to see what I could get out of this thing on e-85. SMH I bought this thing last year and never got a chance to use it because it wouldn't read my model year vehicle,(2008). Anyone got any information on a tune or unlock for the ECU of 06-09 model year RRS S/C?
    I wouldn't hold my breath on HPT providing a tuning solution to that engine..

I've done them with Kess and WinOLS. Honestly, the denso ecu is nowhere near the ability of the EECVI and the 4.2 AJ33S engine is not just a destroked version of the iron 4.6 SC ford engine. Fyi, the denso ecu readable map area does not allow for easy alternations to the AFR during WOT, the only map it has for fuel ratio is under closed loop fueling below 3k. I don't even think the cams are in a readable field to modifiy, I know the tools on market don't read those maps..best of success would be a VBF file and force in with SDD.