Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 07 Srt 8 Charger Burble tune issues

Tuner in Training

07 Srt 8 Charger Burble tune issues

Hello,
    New to tuning I have been a Tech, shop owner for a long time. I have been wanting to learn how to Tune for a long time finally decided to start. I know a lot of you hate the burble tune but I really enjoy it. I followed a couple of forums (most of them were for the 5.7 none for 6.1) by setting the spark into the negative 15 below in the higher rpm. I got no burble and it developed a stumble I put it back to stock until I can get some help. I put ect at 375 too any help would be much appreciated! also, I deactivated rear o2 and it still says they are on also trans I disabled AutoStick upshift and it still upshifted do I also have to disable wot too? Thanks for the help! Example https://youtu.be/21b6CLoK92Q
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-02-2021 at 12:31 AM.

Hey bud. Post your rom up here, and I'll adjust it for you, then you can compare and see what settings were changed. There are a couple cells in spark tables, fuel tables and DFCO tables that get minor adjustments at high rpm, low load areas.
    Last edited by raceghost; 05-02-2021 at 01:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    07 DODGE CHARGER SRT8 SUPER BEE.hpt is this what you need? original tune? thank you for your help! also what is throwing me is the tunes i have been looking at are in air charge and mine is in map so is .08 the same as 10 and .10 the same as 15 and .13 the same as 20? thanks again!

Yes. Let me look it over, and see what your after with your vid.

Yup, thats what I thought you wanted. I'll get your changes done, and list, and then you can compare your stock rom to the one I upload in a bit. Probably a few hours from now.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you!
    oh and i do have headers with just flow masters and intake not sure if that matters!

Hey, give me the mechanical condition of your car, mileage, etc, please, ill give you a few adjustments that are safe. Also, would you like your transmission tuned?

oh and i do have headers with just flow masters and intake not sure if that matters!
    It does, but I cant and wont make adjustments to those tables without a log showing fuel trims, airflow, Manifold pressure from the map sensor, etc. Truly you should either have some one local do a road tune, or dyno tune.

The things I am going to do for you, dont need a dyno, becuase I am not going to play with hard fueling, etc. Can't with out widebands. Other than that, the transmission tuning is safe, with mild to moderate bumps I have done on several of the NAG1's

Tuner in Training
    140k, i did do a compression check and every cylinder was on the high end within spec. no issues very well taken care over all and trans tune would be great!

Tuner in Training
    Hello not at all trying to rush you just seeing how everything is going? I appreciate the help very much!

NOTE: All ATTACHED FILES, SPECIFICALLY MY EDITED TUNE FILES, WHILE HAVE BEEN TESTED BY ME, WITH NO KNOWN OR VISIBLE ISSUES, ARE AVAILABLE TO YOU WITH STANDARD DISCLAIMER, USE AT OWN RISK. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT TAKE PLACE. WHILE i HAVE TRIED TO TEST THOROUGHLY, BY NATURE I AM LIMITED TO WHAT VEHICLE I HAVE TO TEST WITH. THERE FOR, YOU MAY NEED TO ADJUST THESE A LITTLE FOR YOUR VEHICLE, DRIVING STYLE, COMFORT, AND PERSONAL CHOICES. I AM MERELY POSTING THIS TO AID OTHERS WITH LEARNING SOME PROCESSES, OUT OF BOX THINKING BACKED UP BY RESEARCH, ETC. ALWAYS CROSS REFERENCE WITH OTHER KNOWN POSTS, THREADS, TUNING SITES, ETC. BASICALLY UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN DOING THINGS FOR YOURSELF, YOU NEED TO QUESTION EVERYTHING, AND CROSS YOUR T's AND DOT YOUR I's!!! THANK YOU. RESULTS MAY VARY.

Standard Disclaimer above. Both tunes are attached. This is your rom you sent to me, I adjusted, so direct flash to your car. The V2 file is tried and true with SRT8's 6.1 with NAG1. Some settings that I adjusted are set to stock settings that come on the Police interceptor roms with relation to transmission tuning, etc. As always, ease into driving. Drive normal and see if any issues arise before testing WOT settings and banging thought the gears. You will also want to use the HP Scan tool and reset your transmission adapts after writing this into your ECM/TCM. I also have other settings I can apply as well, but lets start here.

Note: There are some ECM tables that are hidden or not normally looked for when tuning the transmission, so make sure when you do a compare, you look at ever tab selection as well as tables within those tabs.

I just happen to drive the same car with similar mods.

I don't tune on a commercial level, I tune for a few teams, and for the sport of it.
    If you find this valuable, I do take donations on Paypal, @ [email protected].

Note: Last edit for leaving out a setting. Download both New-V2.1. and New-V1.1

Edit:Pulled transmission tune for time being.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by raceghost; 05-20-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Tuner in Training
    You rock thank you very much for your time shoot me your venmo I would like to pay you for your time!

Just an update i'll add to post 4, but there are some ECM tables that are hidden or not normally looked for when tuning the transmission, so make sure when you do a compare, you look at ever tab selection as well as tables within those tabs.

Also, needed to update the burble tune only for rev limit raise at idle.

I don't have venmo, but you can send paypal selecting "to someone you trust" when transferring money, and it runs just like venmo.

Ghost
    Last edited by raceghost; 05-03-2021 at 07:36 PM.

also what is throwing me is the tunes i have been looking at are in air charge and mine is in map so is .08 the same as 10 and .10 the same as 15 and .13 the same as 20? thanks again!
    06-08 are the same, I have seen some 09's the same utilizing aircharge, and others utilizing the MAP sensor. Yes ours are MAP. As to the laters, not sure. Roms and tuning for ECM will be different 11 forward. If the car has an NAG1 transmission, then all NAG1 transmissions I have looked at are mechanically the same. Just tuned different for power level and torque level requests based on motor/ECM tune

Update would be nice on how you like it.

Got to love getting ghosted after doing someone a solid... and I am not talking about compensation.

I'm talking about feedback.

Either it works out great, or I would assume there would be concerns shared...

Oh well.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, my 14-year-old daughter got hospitalized she kept passing out and resting heart rate was at 140 after several days of tests they finally figured out she has something called long haulers covid due to getting covid last year. This happened the day after you sent me the file and they found out today about the long haulers covid. have not had a chance to test it yet but i will let you know the second i do! i definitely appreciate your help!
    Last edited by [email protected]; 05-10-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Sorry, my 14-year-old daughter got hospitalized she kept passing out and resting heart rate was at 140 after several days of tests they finally figured out she has something called long haulers covid due to getting covid last year. This happened the day after you sent me the file and they found out today about the long haulers covid. have not had a chance to test it yet but i will let you know the second i do! i definitely appreciate your help!
    Prayers for your daughter. Keep me posted.

Tuner in Training
    Hey, Race ghost! I finally had time to mess with the tune today! what it does is backfires boom boom boom in uniform and slows the car down instead of being a burble. I tried to lighten up the spark and added some fuel it got better but still a long way off from what I need to make a burble and not a uniformed backfire does that make sense?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    what was done here will have aggressive pops and will eventually ruin the mufflers

check your PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161