Thread: 6.0 FICM Tuning For Throttle Response

Potential Tuner

6.0 FICM Tuning For Throttle Response

Hi all, I have a 2005 f250 that I have the sct can street tune on right now and from idle when you go WOT there is a 2 second delay before any power comes in at all. Normal driving its nice and responsive but when im trying to dart across a intersection I am a sitting duck. So I monitored MASFD and ICP on histogram and logged it to get an idea of where I needed to add some pulse width and other than a little haze off of the initial hit it did nothing. Also i read the sct tune and compared it to stock and it appears they are doing the ICP fooling which from what I read is not ideal. So this morning i put it back to stock tune with my FICM tune and the initial throttle response is much better and the truck idles much quieter but lacks the power it used to have obviously.

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how I could improve throttle response either in the PCM or FICM.

I Am trying to have similar results to the Duramax engines throttle response of that era or a 6.4 throttle response. Im not sure its possible being that one is HEUI and other is high pressure fuel.

Thanks for any input
    Attached Files Attached Files

Banned
    You can change a lot in the tune to make it get up and go. can tunes aren't that great.. try a custom tune.