Thread: Sanity Check: 4l60 to 4l80 swap

Tuner in Training

Sanity Check: 4l60 to 4l80 swap

Hello,

A friend of mine performed a 4l60->4l80 swap in his 2002 Silverado and asked me to do the necessary tune changes to make it shift as I've done for numerous customers of mine. I segment swapped the trans and trans diag from a good 4l80 tune with the same OS as the original tune file and wrote it in, but it still won't shift and is throwing codes p0753(shift solenoid a) p0758(shift solenoid b) p1860 (tcc pwm solenoid circuit). I've attached the original tune I downloaded from the truck, the tune I segment swapped from and the final tune.

Let me know if you see anything on my end that I messed up before he digs into the mechanical/electrical side of things when he gets back home.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you
    stock 2002 6.0 silverado 4l80 toon.hpt tune I segment swapped from
    original tune.hpt Original tune I downloaded
    final tune with4l80.hpt Final tune with 4l80 segment swap added

Is his wiring correct? That would be my first question.

You can't really screw up a segment swap if both OS's are the same, otherwise it wouldn't work in the first place.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

So pick one of the codes it's setting, any one of them, and diagnose it. Very very likely that since they all appeared at the same time whatever is causing one code is causing all of them so it really does not matter which one you choose.

If you'd rather go about it strategically instead, study the criteria for setting each of the codes, find what they have in common, and do the same with the wiring diagrams for the related components, look for one single point of failure that could cause all 3 DTCs.

screenshot.21-08-2021 01.41.04.png

Oh, hey, will you look at that - the three solenoids that are setting DTCs are all fed by the one single pink wire at cavity E in the 20-way. I think I would look there first.