Thread: Aircharge (g) to Manifold Absolute Pressure (KPA)?

Tuner in Training

Aircharge (g) to Manifold Absolute Pressure (KPA)?

Looking at newer cars on spark part throttle they have Aircharge (G) and older cars have Manifold Absolute Pressure (KPA) when comparing the two i am wondering if 0.08 (g) is the same as 10(kpa) or if 0.10 (G) is the same as 10 (kpa). There are the same amount of cells on the left so is (g) more defined since it goes 0.08, 0.10, 0.13, 0.15, and .20 when (kpa) starts with 10,15,20, and 25?

Advanced Tuner
    Definitely not. Aircharge the the 'weight' of the air actually entering the engine (or cylinder) per cycle. Its a calculate value with the basic form of Mair = VE*(MAP*CylVolume/MAT*Rconstant). Therefore it is somewhat proportional to the MAP but also the VE.

Tuner in Training
    If you click tool bar on the top left of your screen. I dont have my laptop with me but i think tab is labeled "tools" the drop down box has a calculator. The tool above calculator is a conversion tool. Open it up and scroll the list to find "pressure" When you click on it the window will give you two places to click for choices of Kpa or Psi and a few others. input number on either input box and other box will show the conversion.