Thread: Idle fluctuates with E85 and fuel pump tuning questions with DSX pump

Advanced Tuner

Idle fluctuates with E85 and fuel pump tuning questions with DSX pump

So I have a LSA ZL1 Camaro. Car has the normal bolt ons, pulley, intake headers. I was installed the DSX aux pump and flex fuel sensor and topped it off with a bunch E until I hit 85%. The idle fluctuates now and seems to bounce and the fuel trims seem to be off. The car was dialed in aces on 93 and I wouldn't want to affect that by screwing with the maf. Is there any changes I can adjust to the alcohol tuning only other then the PE charts?

Also, the fuel pressure dips off up top with the DSX pump. Any tips on that? I was under the impression that we raise the min dc on the fpcm and we should be fine. I raised it significantly and it still sits under 350

Have you verified the actual ethanol content -vs- what the sensor is reading?
    Mine reads about 5% different...
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Cool I am new to E85 as well

Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Have you verified the actual ethanol content -vs- what the sensor is reading?
    Mine reads about 5% different...
    That Is good to know.

For the OP.

I found this,
    E85 Tuning Tips (verify tables below with your tuner): For enabling flex fuel the table below will need to be adjusted. DTCs P0178 and P0179 will need to be set to MIL On First Error, and SES Enable should be checked by tuner.
    [ECM] 201 - Enabled
    [ECM] 20220 - Sensor
    [ECM] 3133 - 100%
    [ECM] 3146 - 1%
    [ECM] 220 - Enable

I have not been able to find what tab the [ECM] 220 is under.

I have not converted yet, I will when I finish my 427ci motor build.

Can you attach a copy of your log and tune?
    Last edited by Vicster; 05-04-2021 at 08:32 PM.
    1000hp is never enough!

Senior Tuner
    there are delays and volumes to use before the flex uses the exact ethanol content encase that is playing with the error, also the ethanol adds torque so that could be playing with your idle corrections now, can be worth lowering the idle timing for ethanol so it lessens torque so the idle trims get back in there range for both fuels