Thread: check engine light after manifold change

Tuner in Training

check engine light after manifold change

upgraded to a nnbs intake for my '05 4.8. I have a a throttle adapter for my stock throttle until my new one comes in. I have both pcv hoses linked together and going to the top pcv port. Using stock injectors because one of my previous ones was bad and waiting for the replacements to come in. my problem is I have a P0101 code that pops up. I didnt know if that is because the difference in the maf position, might be leaking around the injectors or if my throttle adapter is wrong? I used gasket sealer for my throttle adapter because it gave me a headache before. My wb02 is being shipped out to me but It'll be a bit for that.
    Any kind of ideas or something I might be missing or if I'm on the right track.

Quote Originally Posted by natricjol View Post
    upgraded to a nnbs intake for my '05 4.8. I have a a throttle adapter for my stock throttle until my new one comes in. I have both pcv hoses linked together and going to the top pcv port. Using stock injectors because one of my previous ones was bad and waiting for the replacements to come in. my problem is I have a P0101 code that pops up. I didnt know if that is because the difference in the maf position, might be leaking around the injectors or if my throttle adapter is wrong? I used gasket sealer for my throttle adapter because it gave me a headache before. My wb02 is being shipped out to me but It'll be a bit for that.
    Any kind of ideas or something I might be missing or if I'm on the right track.
    Pardon my question but what do you mean you have your PCV hoses linked together?

Tuner in Training
    Passenger and driverside pcv connections have hoses linked to a t-joint that goes to the pcv connections on the top of the manifold.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by natricjol View Post
    Passenger and driverside pcv connections have hoses linked to a t-joint that goes to the pcv connections on the top of the manifold.
    That won't work. The passenger side valve cover only has a vent. It doesn't have a PCV. It can be vented to atmosphere. If it's connected to the intake manifold, it'll be a vacuum leak and could give you a P0101 DTC.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you sir. I will correct it tomorrow and keep you updated.

Tuner in Training
    Wouldn't I have to vent the tube between the MAF and the throttle since that's how the original setup was?

Senior Tuner
    PCV operation through valve covers: You pull crankcase vapors out of one valve cover and you return air to the crankcase through the opposite valve cover. The the air returned to the crankcase needs to be metered air that has passed through the MAF.

And of course under heavy load when you have higher blowby that could overcome the PCV's capacity the additional crankcase gases will use the tube that goes to the fresh air hose and be taken into the throttle body/engine to burn.

Tuner in Training
    That's what I was I was figuring.