Thread: Banging my Head - feels like Throttle cut

Tuner in Training

Banging my Head - feels like Throttle cut

Hello All - I been working on this tune forever now. Felt like I was making progress after making changes to the fuel pressure diff multi. But now I seem to have 2 or 3 issues that I cannot figure out. Any help would be appreciated! Logs attached.
    Car is 2016 Charger Scat Pack A8 392 built motor + Cam +Twin turbos

1 - Depending on which mode I drive my car in, I can hit boost without much pedal input. I notice from the logs that my wideband (lambda) my fueling is good when in boost BUT I am not in PE for some reason - so the log show "rich". (In VE does PE work? or nah?)
    2 - When in (mid throttle? Full PT?) I seem to hit a wall of sorts and the car starts to Buck. Logs show the Aircharge Jumping around dramatically at that point. What is causing that? ALSO at that point..... My AFR Gauge shows 9.8ish sometimes just cuts out completely. For some reason in my logs.. The lowest reading I see is about .78 Maybe .76 lambda but the gauge shows 9.9 afr- wth?

3 - I have logged my car with the TB flow and Large Range tables adjusted and left stock - Intentions were to get past whatever TQ limit I may have hit, causing issues, or see if I can get my Desired Airflow to match my Actual airflow.. Is this important? And why does it not match?

Okay... I think that is it lol and I hope Others can point me in the correct direction and everyone can benefit.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum7o2 View Post
    Hello All - I been working on this tune forever now. Felt like I was making progress after making changes to the fuel pressure diff multi. But now I seem to have 2 or 3 issues that I cannot figure out. Any help would be appreciated! Logs attached.
    Car is 2016 Charger Scat Pack A8 392 built motor + Cam +Twin turbos

1 - Depending on which mode I drive my car in, I can hit boost without much pedal input. I notice from the logs that my wideband (lambda) my fueling is good when in boost BUT I am not in PE for some reason - so the log show "rich". (In VE does PE work? or nah?)
    2 - When in (mid throttle? Full PT?) I seem to hit a wall of sorts and the car starts to Buck. Logs show the Aircharge Jumping around dramatically at that point. What is causing that? ALSO at that point..... My AFR Gauge shows 9.8ish sometimes just cuts out completely. For some reason in my logs.. The lowest reading I see is about .78 Maybe .76 lambda but the gauge shows 9.9 afr- wth?

3 - I have logged my car with the TB flow and Large Range tables adjusted and left stock - Intentions were to get past whatever TQ limit I may have hit, causing issues, or see if I can get my Desired Airflow to match my Actual airflow.. Is this important? And why does it not match?

Okay... I think that is it lol and I hope Others can point me in the correct direction and everyone can benefit.
    scrwed2-4.hpl2long.hpl
    Last edited by Plum7o2; 05-03-2021 at 05:31 PM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    i would tune your car NA first with camshaft change i would go for VE tuning

then i would introduce the boost
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sultanhassanmastuning View Post
    i would tune your car na first with camshaft change i would go for ve tuning

then i would introduce the boost
    thx
    Last edited by Plum7o2; 05-04-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Well.. Please explain how That is related to anything I asked. Please don't use my thread as advertising for your "tuning". How many customers do you have tear their car apart just so you can tune it NA?
    LOL easy there pal, Sultan has helped MANY more people than you will ever speak to on this forum in your lifetime, that i can promise.

Language barrier aside, what he means is stop trying to tune your car at the throttle inputs that start to produce boost. You have work to do in your VE table that is NOT boost, i.e. under 1 bar of pressure. Those "walls" you are hitting are most likely fuel related issues (pig rich or spiking lean will cause combustion to stop for a moment), because you havent spent anytime tuning the car in the areas of your VE where NA (i.e. no boost) tuning would be required to have good transitional fueling. 99% of tuners will give you a base tune and ask you to datalog WITHOUT getting into boost. they would review the logs and try to interpolate your VE changes needed into the transition areas of 0 bar into some boost amount. Saltan is saying the same thing. Go log at 40% throttle and if you see youre off by 10%, youre prob off at LEAST the same at 60 or 70%. This is "smoothing" you need to do.

If that doesnt make sense, then cant help you bud. no one told you to go physically tear your car apart or requested money to tune your car. you "introduce" boost or stay NA with your right foot. Stick with insta or FB if you want to be emotional about tuning a computer.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 05-04-2021 at 11:14 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the nerve these newbies have its just funny.

thanks to the explanation 300CSRT8

anytime you change your camshaft, it is CRUCIAL that you have to rework your fueling, you cannot just jump in and tune your VE alone.

the reason i mentioned remove a charge pipe so that you wont damage your engine while "trying to tune"
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    the nerve these newbies have its just funny.

thanks to the explanation 300CSRT8

anytime you change your camshaft, it is CRUCIAL that you have to rework your fueling, you cannot just jump in and tune your VE alone.

the reason i mentioned remove a charge pipe so that you wont damage your engine while "trying to tune"
    OKAY lol That makes sense! I wasn't "trying" to be rude. I was responding at the same time I was in a meeting with my boss about the company not giving raises.. smh Figured I might trigger a response and pray i didn't get banned.

Can I apologize?

And THANK YOU AGAIN 300cSRT for bridging the gap.

Tuner in Training
    Well.. Please explain how That is related to anything I asked. Please don't use my thread as advertising for your "tuning". How many customers do you have tear their car apart just so you can tune it NA?
    I was an arse for this. Sorrry

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    LOL easy there pal, Sultan has helped MANY more people than you will ever speak to on this forum in your lifetime, that i can promise.

Language barrier aside, what he means is stop trying to tune your car at the throttle inputs that start to produce boost. You have work to do in your VE table that is NOT boost, i.e. under 1 bar of pressure. Those "walls" you are hitting are most likely fuel related issues (pig rich or spiking lean will cause combustion to stop for a moment), because you havent spent anytime tuning the car in the areas of your VE where NA (i.e. no boost) tuning would be required to have good transitional fueling. 99% of tuners will give you a base tune and ask you to datalog WITHOUT getting into boost. they would review the logs and try to interpolate your VE changes needed into the transition areas of 0 bar into some boost amount. Saltan is saying the same thing. Go log at 40% throttle and if you see youre off by 10%, youre prob off at LEAST the same at 60 or 70%. This is "smoothing" you need to do.

If that doesnt make sense, then cant help you bud. no one told you to go physically tear your car apart or requested money to tune your car. you "introduce" boost or stay NA with your right foot. Stick with insta or FB if you want to be emotional about tuning a computer.
    Didn't read your last comment - Never said anything about $$ and didn't think about driving it with the Turbos on but charge pipe disconnected. I always figured that would be bad for the turbos. I also have spent plenty of time driving - logging - adjusting - repeat. Obviously there was a learning curve. I may be new tuning Hemi or using hptuners but I'm no idiot. Out of the Hundreds of post I have read from you this is the first time I can think of you responding like this. wow. (talk about emotional) Anyways.. You are CORRECT- I introduce boost with my foot. Like i said - depending on mode.. Manual vs full auto - not even in performance, the car will sometimes require a lot of input for boost and sometimes very little. I cannot ever give it full throttle because I am already making so much power with PT so Its not like I am trying to tune for WOT yet. I ASLO think you are CORRECT about that WALL of fuel. (which is the area I have been working on to get a good transition- but wanted a 2nd opinion.) Thank you again. From what I see in the log i will provide, my trims are mostly under 6% for anything considered normal driving. Trying to stay Under 2 psi when going uphill or starting from a light takes practice.

Thank you Sultan for responding and clarifying what you meant - From the original post you wrote I did not relate to just remove the charge pipe.

better.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Didn't read your last comment - Never said anything about $$ and didn't think about driving it with the Turbos on but charge pipe disconnected. I always figured that would be bad for the turbos. I also have spent plenty of time driving - logging - adjusting - repeat. Obviously there was a learning curve. I may be new tuning Hemi or using hptuners but I'm no idiot. Out of the Hundreds of post I have read from you this is the first time I can think of you responding like this. wow. (talk about emotional) Anyways.. You are CORRECT- I introduce boost with my foot. Like i said - depending on mode.. Manual vs full auto - not even in performance, the car will sometimes require a lot of input for boost and sometimes very little. I cannot ever give it full throttle because I am already making so much power with PT so Its not like I am trying to tune for WOT yet. I ASLO think you are CORRECT about that WALL of fuel. (which is the area I have been working on to get a good transition- but wanted a 2nd opinion.) Thank you again. From what I see in the log i will provide, my trims are mostly under 6% for anything considered normal driving. Trying to stay Under 2 psi when going uphill or starting from a light takes practice.

Thank you Sultan for responding and clarifying what you meant - From the original post you wrote I did not relate to just remove the charge pipe.

better.hpl
    Can you post up your latest tune as well? I can check a few things

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Can you post up your latest tune as well? I can check a few things

Thank you - here is where i am at currently. Haven't really taken it past 5600rpm very often so just guessing VE after that (atm). Still open loop as well.

I am open to any and all input.

maybe2.hpt