Thread: 8 Speed behind a 3.6 Jeep JK

Potential Tuner

8 Speed behind a 3.6 Jeep JK

I want to put an 8 speed in my 2012 Jeep JKU. I see HP Tuners supports the transmission. And the trans is available in the JL.

Is there a way to program or replace and program to get it to work?

Thank you ,
    Bill

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Vent View Post
    I want to put an 8 speed in my 2012 Jeep JKU. I see HP Tuners supports the transmission. And the trans is available in the JL.

Thank you ,
    Bill
    There is a company I believe "german engineering" who makes retrofit kits for the 8hp transmission. Im not sure if they have anything for your setup, but you can contact them

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 71Vent View Post

Thank you ,
    Bill
    interesting idea but the amount of parameters in zf8 is insane and i dont think if u choose the ZF8 from the toggle menu it will be work - if we can flash the ZF8 file into the TCM it will work
    Jeep wrangler 2012 automatic, sprintex supercharger, 9lbs of boost, 4.5" lift, fox 2.5 internal bypass shocks, 4.88 gears, 37" tires,

Ford Mustang Shelby gt350 2017, airraid air filter, jlt catch-can,

Potential Tuner
    Sound German Automotive is who you're looking for: https://www.soundgermanautomotive.com/

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alshuwaihi View Post
    interesting idea but the amount of parameters in zf8 is insane and i dont think if u choose the ZF8 from the toggle menu it will be work - if we can flash the ZF8 file into the TCM it will work
    Did you ever find out anymore info on this?
    I do have a 8 speed swapped into my JKU using a PCS controller but some functions in HP Tuners don't work like relearn and reset adaptations.
    I was wondering if I can enable the 8 speed and wire direct and remove the PCS controller.

Potential Tuner ATS Diesel Performance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fserafin View Post
    Did you ever find out anymore info on this?
    I do have a 8 speed swapped into my JKU using a PCS controller but some functions in HP Tuners don't work like relearn and reset adaptations.
    I was wondering if I can enable the 8 speed and wire direct and remove the PCS controller.
    We just came out with our 8spd kit for the 12-18 JK Platform. Our electronics are straight forward, no hard wiring at all, comes fully programmed
    and ready to go. We actually reuse the factory NAG Shifter so no need to swap that out. So definitely something to consider. Finalizing our details
    now but are planning to fully release our JK 8spd Conversion here very soon.