Thread: Can't get my RTD to read my vehicle

Potential Tuner

Can't get my RTD to read my vehicle

After numerous times and getting almost no help from my tuner figuring out this issue, I've come here hoping to get some answers.

I purchased a HP Tuners RTD for my 2021 Ford Explorer ST. I synched the RTD unit on the HP Tuners website as per the intructions. I downloaded "RTD Flasher" to my laptop. I then inserted the RTD in the OBD port and connected the USB-C cord into the RTD and connected the other side of my laptop "USB" port. I turn the power to "on" in the vehicle. The power light is green on the UTD. I do not start the vehicle.

When I bring up "RTD Flasher" on the laptop I select "read vehicle". I get an error code saying "Interface not found or not responding". I am connected to WiFi, even tried my mobile hotspot. Nothing. I've even changed out the USB cords. It will not read my vehicle information. Please advise...

Advanced Tuner
    Did you install the RTD drivers first?
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by STAGEUP View Post
    Did you install the RTD drivers first?
    Yes. I believe so. TWICE for good measure. I even switched from the old "RTD Flasher" to the stable version of VCM. No difference. Maybe it's my laptop, I don't know. It has Windows 10, should work. I'm used to handheld tuning devices like Cobb's AccessPort and that's so easy to read, download maps and datalog, a baby could do it practically. I'm not very computer savvy, so I'm probably not doing something right.

tuneEFFd2.jpg
    Last edited by pelotonracer2; 05-04-2021 at 01:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I know this sounds redundant, but have you tried rebooting the laptop after reinstalling the drivers?
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Potential Tuner
    I know this sounds redundant, but have you tried rebooting the laptop after reinstalling the drivers?
    by default yes lol. Iget disgusted and shut everything down
    Last edited by pelotonracer2; 05-04-2021 at 07:47 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I bought a new laptop today, DL'd VCM, updated the firmware and now I get....
    Attached Images Attached Images

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm sorry you're having troubles and we'd love to help you. Have you already opened up a support ticket? If so, do you have your ticket number so that we can review the status? If not, please open a support ticket here: https://support.hptuners.com
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"