Thread: Massachusetts emissions

Potential Tuner

Massachusetts emissions

Does anyone have any insight to how tuning a car effects the Dodge software on the pcm?

I have a 2012 Challenger R/T with a 5.7. Long story but the motor dropped a valve seat at 55k, I had the motor rebuilt with forged internals and a comp 201-424-17 cam along with a tune.

Now apparently the state of Massachusetts vehicle emissions is failing it and the reason is a missing EGR system, and not being a factory OE factory tune on the computer. I was told it ?has to have the oe factory software in this car to pass, and they know from the computer things have been changed.? Apparently they compare all like cars and I am the only one 2012 Dodge Challenger 5.7 with that specific tune in it.

From talking with them they red flag the car the first year through the inspection process, then fails you the second year. I?m

As a side note the motor and tune produced 405 hp and 403 torque at the tires.😀

Pretty sure with the cam it will not run good on the factory tune.

I?m open for any and all suggestion, and thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    Well if that's true then a lot of us are in the shit... You are allowed 1 monitor to not be set... I've never had the egr/vvt monitor ready in 7 years... If they have failed you it's not because the monitor isn't ready, it would be because they are checking the CHECK SUM value of the OEM tune... Any changes in the tune would cause a value change with the CHECKSUM...

Tuner in Training
    Did you give up on this discussion... It would be helpful to have a little more info on the case... What does the VIR print out say on it??? A lot of us have been expecting this for a few years now but you are the first from Massachusetts... There's a discussion taking place on this very topic now...