Thread: Torque Management not pulling timing with TC off. E40 GTO and 4l65e.

Advanced Tuner

Torque Management not pulling timing with TC off. E40 GTO and 4l65e.

2bar OS, D1-SC (7-9psi), ID1050x, TransGo HD2.

Currently, no timing is being pulled on any shift while TC is turned off with the button. With TC turned on everything seems to work as expected. I want to pull some timing on the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift with TC off. Am I expecting the wrong outcome with TC turned off?

I am not trying to make the shift any different right now. I just want TM to pull timing with TC off when it shifts, consistently. I have access to only what HPT provides for this OS. I would need some help if a parameter needs to added, but I have the ability.

I tried to make settings as close to stock as possible but nothing was working. These files are my latest attempt at making things work how I want.
    -Brake Torque is maxed, but is not relevant for this purpose as far as I know.
    -ETC Max is stock.
    -For dramatic effect, I increased TM Spark settings 30%, increased Trans TM on shifts to 50% at 46 ft-lbs and 80% above 46 ft-lbs, and added values to the downshift TM table. I am not sure if my TM settings are counterproductive or not.

I have attached two tune files and corresponding logs related to each. The only change from #1 to #2 was a small PT shift speed adjustment and a WOT shift RPM increase in test #2.
    • Test #1, Log #1 - TC On, Tire spin. 80% throttle for 1-2 shift and spin. Shift points adjusted for test #2.
    • Test #2, Log #2.1 - TC On, No tire spin. Let off early.
    • Test #2, Log #2.2 - TC On, Tire spin, hit RPM lim. (RPM fuel cut, ETC cut, Spark cut)
    • Test #2, Log #2.3 - TC Off, Tire spin, RPM lim. (1-2 spin caused 2-3 shift, RPM fuel cut, then 3-2 shift, 2-3 shift almost hits RPM lim)
    • Test #2, Log #2.4 - TC Off, No tire spin. (Early 1-2 shift to show long 2nd gear pull)
    • Test #2, Log #2.5 - TC Off, Tire spin, RPM lim. (Similar to #2.3 - RPM fuel cut missed by scanner. (AFR spike and Delivered Torque dip indicate RPM fuel cut. Also heard/felt it happen))

Thanks in advance for any help.

Advanced Tuner
    I tried some more settings. Attached two more logs.

Still have the high trans torque management values. Everything else TQ management related is stock as far as I can tell. I cannot get the trans to pull timing on a shift or at least have Tq management source = Trans. Not sure what else to test. Could this be a OS issue?

Log #3.1: TC off, ECM 2810(Trans input max) set to 500lb-ft and ECM 2811 (Tans output max) set to 1000lb-ft. Tq Management source was "Axle"
    Log #3.2: TC off, ECM 12820 Gears 1-3 were set at 500lb-ft across the board. Tq Management source was "ETC Crv"

GTO TM Test 3.hpt
    GTO TM Test 3.1 (TC Off, Axle).hpl
    GTO TM Test 3.2 (TC Off).hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Update: I reflashed the ECM/TCM to a stock calibration using SPS and now my trans torque management is working. I've only made 1 adjustment (cut the table by 30% and smoothed) and it seems to have made an effect. I think my TQ axis is off slightly since the tune is scaled 50%. So far it's working as I originally thought it should at part throttle.

I can also now idle the car down to 500rpm. Before I was hitting a hard limit of 650rpm.

I am having communication issues with the PIM/BCM so I was not able to relink them. Still need to try reflashing following the correct procedure before I try a different device.