Thread: whats the difference in these 2 timing tables???

Tuner in Training

whats the difference in these 2 timing tables???

screenshot_jeep_timing_tables.png

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two?
    One says "Warm spark: Main spark table used when the engine has reached operating temp."
    other says under "base" "Main spark table used when EGR is off" - keep in mind these 4.0L (at least in the cherokee XJ's) do not have EGR's. However the fuel tables also say "Fuel Base" " EGR OFF" and "EGR on" and is basically this particular PCM's version of a VE table and therefore is where all the part throttle (non WOT) tuning is performed. I only bring the fuel table up to explain the correlation of the "EGR" nomenclature that HP Tuners is using.
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944

Tuner in Training
    Also if anyone from HP Tuners is reading...
    Why doesnt the "Vehicle controls and special functions" work? when connected to my Jeep and I click on this tab a window opens but it is blank. There is nothing to select or click..?
    Also I happen to notice that in the editor - Spark - Advance- Base corrections - both the "IAT critical spark" and "ECT critical spark" tables both say "engine coolant temp" on the left side of the graph when it should obviously say "Intake air temp" for the IAT table.
    just mentioning it so it can be corrected in the next software update.
    current build: 2000 Jeep Cherokee XJ, 4.6L stroker w/mild cam, competition ported Newcomer Racing head, Hardland Sharp rockers, full 3" exhaust, 62mm TB. 24# injectors etc..

LS6 swapped Porsche 944