Thread: Not really DI but a 19' 2500 6.0l Odd issue with Maggy Charger

Not really DI but a 19' 2500 6.0l Odd issue with Maggy Charger

This is very odd as the truck runs great on the dyno or during a pull in one gear on the road. This owner did not want to wait for TCM unlock or trans tuning so I have some work around stuff for that but it does the same thing with the Maggy tune also.

Once in a while and no always after a WOT shift it will spark knock and miss like crazy. Commanded AFR stays put and I do not see any odd TM kicking in. You can see the MAP reading go straight through the roof when it does too. There is no way a little 1900 could make the boost it says but with a violent miss I suppose so?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I hope you can solve this. I had a 17 do the exact same thing. The only thing that worked to get rid of the issue was turning off upshift torque management. The issue was gone instantly. I tried everything I could think of with driver demand, minimum torque, reducing timing at shift points, but I ran out of time. Customer needed his truck. I'm supposed to see it back in a few weeks. But I'll be following this thread, so if you come up with something please post it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_Customizer View Post
    I hope you can solve this. I had a 17 do the exact same thing. The only thing that worked to get rid of the issue was turning off upshift torque management. The issue was gone instantly. I tried everything I could think of with driver demand, minimum torque, reducing timing at shift points, but I ran out of time. Customer needed his truck. I'm supposed to see it back in a few weeks. But I'll be following this thread, so if you come up with something please post it.
    It's the trans tqm as Kyle said. Had a whipple ctsv3 max out the map sensor on the 2-3 shift. You'll need to get the trans unlocked to fix it more than likely.