Thread: Question about wideband o2 sensors

Tuner

Question about wideband o2 sensors

I want to run a wideband on my 06 Sierra but don't want to run a gauge. I am looking to make this as simple and cheap (under 150) as possible. I understand that I can run it to the EGR port on the ECU but can I just buy a sensor and send the 5v signal to the ecu? Suggestions would be amazing. I did search and didn't find much that would help with my mission. A lot of people are sending a signal to the ECU from a gauge.

Advanced Tuner
    The sensors, themselves, do not have a 5v output. The require a controller circuit to operate.

There are multiple options for controllers that do not have a gauge. The AEM 30-0310, for example.

Beware of "too good to be true" prices on E BAY and AMAZON. There are A LOT of fake sensors and controllers out there. There was even a cottage industry, a while back, of people buying AEM 30-0300 kits, pulling the BOSCH LSU4.9 sensor, selling it separately. And, then, re-selling the 30-0300 kit with a Chinese knock-off sensor. And, that worked about as well as it sounds like it might.