Thread: Tune Review/Comparison

Potential Tuner

Tune Review/Comparison

Hello Everyone, been learning to tune by myself for about 3 weeks now. So I am pretty familiar with the forum, editor, and scanner. I have an mpvi2 and I'm using the latest software package. To get to the point I'm hoping to get some wisdom and a critique on my tune. I'm pretty sure I have the idle airflow, MAF and VE tables dialed in to the best of my ability because I get good response from my truck when I am going. I mean I really like how it runs and responds to the throttle. However having some issues with idle. When I go from P/N to In Gear it struggles a bit and seems like it's going to die. It never does but it STRUGGLES. Other issues include the idle hanging and random cylinder misfire code lighting up every couple of times I drive the truck. I assume from the engine struggling. So I have a two part question. One I'm Hoping to get someone with a similar set up to compare with my file attached below just to see if I have anything REALLY sticking out on mine that isn't right. Second I'm hoping someone can look at the parameters on my tune files I use for tuning idle airflow, MAF, and VE tables to make sure they are good for logging what I am using them for. I saved a file for each so I can just load them instead of switching all the parameters around each time. I used the Goat Rope Garage youtube videos to set these up and would like if someone could verify that parameters I have changed and that I am actually getting a good log of data using these tune files. Specs and files below. I also Included the log files for each the last time I ran the truck while tuning for each, IDK hope that could help someone help me nail these issues down. Thanks for your time

2005 Chevrolet Silverado,
    Engine
    -4.8L
    -Cold Air Intake
    -Stage 3 Summit Pro LS cam, LS6 springs
    -Stage 3 4l60e
    -Innovate MTX-L

11 Idle table corrections.hpt11 VE Tuning.hpt05 MAF Tuning.hpt05 Idle Airflow Tuning.hpt
    Idle Airflow PN 4_25_21_159pm.hplMAF Tune_5_1_21_628pm.hplVE Tuning_4_23_21_630pm.hpl

You idle timing is way high, the idle spark tables are set to around 40 degrees and they aren't a close match with the high/low octane tables in those area's. Aim for closer to 20 degrees on timing.

The over/underspeed spark correction tables are little too aggressive still. Back the overspeed table down so it can't swing the timing so much.

The base running airflow from Park to drive is almost doubling at operating temp, it shouldn't need to be that much. Look at the stock table if you want to compare, there is going to be a small bump but to me that is a little much.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.