Thread: Can't reach WOT Throttle (Max 92-93%) 100$ Bounty for fix

Tuner in Training

Can't reach WOT Throttle (Max 92-93%) 100$ Bounty for fix

2004 Mustang GT "Auto"
    I'm having an issue with my throttle mainly WOT I did all the mechanical steps to verify that its not a part or installation problem
    Measured Voltage to make sure its its within the .9 to 1.25V range, even tried it as low as .5 to 1.3 on the TPS Both stock and aftermarket Throttle body will read 4.65 wide open no matter where its placed.
    The TPS reading 90-93% at Wide open is preventing me from downshifting or upshifting correctly

Is there anyway to correct the range in hptuners so the 4.65v WOT at the sensor would be 100% throttle on the tune?
    I attached a photo of where my car shifted at WOT the TPS and my 1>2 shift table.

Help would be appreciated I also attached my current tune on the car.

wideopen.png
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You don't have control over how the ECU converts the TPS voltage to ADC. 92-93% is normal for WOT.

-You can click the axis name and assign different ADC values that are actually used in the highest cells. It looks like you are seeing about 512 ADC at WOT.
    -You could also see if you have a TPS channel that you can see the ADC value from TPS instead of %. Then adjust the MPH cells it falls in appropriately with out changing the axis values.

WOT ADC 512.jpg

Then make sure your tire size/ rear gear ratio is correct before you just change the MPH to achieve desired engine RPM.
    Last edited by murfie; 05-06-2021 at 12:10 AM.