Thread: Tuning 0 degree phaser lockout (P0011)need help

Tuning 0 degree phaser lockout (P0011)need help

I have been tuning my FBO/Cammed L83 truck it?s killing me I?ll have gotten it to idle and chop great for 6 solid driving hours starting it over and over to vet it. So then next day it will idle almost like it?s buzzing no significant changes noticed on the the scanner. It?s always good once your in the pedal.

I get a P0011 that?s been stored I?ve had the engine apart twice the damn thing is dead nuts dot to dot(arrow to dot). Replaced the cam position senor/vvt bolt, hanress and actuator as well as the oil screen. I was always curious though on what changes need to be made to my spark tables I?m running a 0 degree phaser lockout by CC their instructions basically say there?s no tuning requirements I know that?s bs. Please help/educate me.

Also tuned my vve/torque tables slightly. Tuning immediate/predicted idle, external load, rpm based speed set to 720-730, speed reserve control, reading and clearing dtc?s have no real impact after it starts doing this shit.

Tuner in Training
    Did you 0 out your variable camshaft tables?
    New to tuning, but not to cars. Just here to learn!

Advanced Tuner
    Post your tune file and I?ll help with it. There?s quite a few VVT areas that need changed

Here's the file yesterday i tried disabling vvt to see if it would do anything no luck lastest tune read may.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by davidchristian83 View Post
    Post your tune file and I?ll help with it. There?s quite a few VVT areas that need changed
    i just posted the file, as mentioned I tested it with vvt disable by airflow->variable camshaft set (none) and negated the use of oil pressure no changes temporarily switched it back and I haven't tried zeroing the cam tables out with it enabled though. which tables? all the baro/ect and what not?
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 05-06-2021 at 11:16 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    VVT Changes.hpt

Try this one. I'm always very redundant about disabling features.

Airflow > Variable Camshaft (disabled multiple ways)

Spark > Advance > VCT (all VCT tables set to zero)

VVT Changes.hpt

Try this one. I'm always very redundant about disabling features.

Airflow > Variable Camshaft (disabled multiple ways)

Spark > Advance > VCT (all VCT tables set to zero)
    I got that loaded thanks David! All makes sense now, and I noticed you put a value for 1 on both the neg/pos ramp in rates is that just flat reference to keep the ecu happy? Btw the p0010/p0011 codes disappeared super happy about that.

Next question my cams 22x/23x custom grind a little bigger then the average truck cam. Ive done the external load/speed reserve control/taken -75/75 error in my immediate table x2 smoothed columns left and right all the way end to end. Its got some chop to it at 720 rpm. I also set idle spark values at 5 degree on minimum and long term tables and smoothed outside areas and tuned virtual torque a bit.What else will would get more lope/chop out of it? And calm down surge on abrupt stops?

As far as misfire tables how do I tune out the phantom readings
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 05-08-2021 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Typos

[QUOTE=Little B;649544]Did you 0 out your variable camshaft tables?
    I appreciate the input I got all that squared away. If you have any tips to add on to my latest post anything pointers or tips would be awesome.

Advanced Tuner
    We?ll get rid of the idle ?misfires? first and see if any of your drivability changes. I?ve seen stranger things happen. Gimme a few to get near my laptop. It?s raining here, so I?m stuck inside today

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    for any changes you need to post the latest file and a current log of the car
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Misfire Changes.hpt

Go look at Engine Diag > Misfire > Cylinder Mode/SCD Mode..... Use a compare file to see changes made. Misfire counts disabled up to 1200rpm on this file. This should be plenty to avoid the false idle misfires

Misfire Changes.hpt

Go look at Engine Diag > Misfire > Cylinder Mode/SCD Mode..... Use a compare file to see changes made. Misfire counts disabled up to 1200rpm on this file. This should be plenty to avoid the false idle misfires
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by A_Texas90; 05-09-2021 at 01:56 PM.

[QUOTE=SultanHassanMasTuning;649743]for any changes you need to post the latest file and a current log of the car[/
    I just posted a log and a tune file it's by no means perfect. Sorry about the scanner acting weird I'll try to update the log once i can get it to display torque. The misfire thing is been persistent post cam install all plugs are in good shape and just put brand new taylor thundervolt 6.2l camaro wires on.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need a major retune check PM
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161