Thread: "Create video" hangs at 99.9% completed

Tuner in Training

"Create video" hangs at 99.9% completed

Frequently, maybe even most of the time, when RaceRender is creating a video, rendering it with the overlay, it proceeds along at a leisurely pace, gets to 99.9% and hangs. Sometimes it hangs for a minute, sometimes it hangs for half an hour.

Then it pops up the dialog box "video creation complete"

I see this a lot, but I can't reliably reproduce the problem.

Do others see this?

Advanced Tuner
    I think that last 0.1% is finalizing and writing to disk. I know it writes some of the file during the rendering process but maybe not all of it? I've seen this happen if I'm rendering a particularly long video, but most of mine are only about a minute, and I just got a nice fancy new desktop; so I don't typically see this happen anymore.

Tuner in Training
    My videos are big and long. So rendering takes an hour or more.
    I've got a fancy nearly new gaming laptop with a fancy GPU and a pretty fast 6 core Core I7

I think it may be that the "video completed" (or whatever the little dialog popup box says) gets lost.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PatFarrell View Post
    My videos are big and long. So rendering takes an hour or more.
    I've got a fancy nearly new gaming laptop with a fancy GPU and a pretty fast 6 core Core I7

I think it may be that the "video completed" (or whatever the little dialog popup box says) gets lost.
    Ah, yes, it won't actually mark the video 100% done until you click OK on that popup.