Thread: Tuneability Jeep Grand Cherokee III SRT 6.1

Potential Tuner

Tuneability Jeep Grand Cherokee III SRT 6.1

Hi, I am new to this forum and curious about the tuneability of Jeep Grand Cherokee III SRT 6.1.

After a detailed search I found no extensive or constructive posts about tuning and experiences except a few lone posts most of them with no answer. There is no own Jeep section in the forum like for the other brands and all the few posts are posted under Dodge.

Is this because Jeeps uses Dodge controllers? What shall be my conclusion that there are almost no posts; is it a unpopular car to tun or use the MPVI2 or is this the wrong forum for Jeep?

In some posts (Jeep and other brands) people look for existing tunes to to start learning by comparing their stock dump with the reliable tunes and get answers to check the tunes download repository first. I wasn't able to find such a repository on the HPTuners webpage (although I am a registered user of my MPVI2). Perhaps this repository is located on a different website?

Thank you for guiding me :-)
    Last edited by Dolphin; 05-10-2021 at 02:11 AM. Reason: No answer after 3 days

Potential Tuner
    No answer after 5 days is frustrating. Maybe there are others tuning the same 6.1 SRT engine; not necessary in Jeep WK and willing to share their experience with me to help me start learning.

Or if any of the admins reads this post kindly may move it to where my request would get at least some reaction...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its supporting and works great from NA to boosted

go for it
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    The so often mentioned repository about the existence of a repository was the main trigger for us to purchase the MPVI2 so here again my question

In some posts (Jeep and other brands) people look for existing tunes to to start learning by comparing their stock dump with the reliable tunes and get answers to check the tunes download repository first. I wasn't able to find such a repository on the HPTuners webpage (although I am a registered user of my MPVI2). Perhaps this repository is located on a different website?

Thank you.

Tuner
    Only stock files in repository
    2010 Jeep GC 5.7 Eagle Head motor, 2" OME lift, cats removed, full MDS delete

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by skala308 View Post
    Only stock files in repository
    Largely, yes. But you occasionally run across a modified file for a modified vehicle. That being said, I would NEVER use a modified file from the repository, regardless of how similar the vehicle's mods might be to mine. Might occasionally poke around to see what was done and try to guess why. But that's about the extent of it.