Thread: Making a 6R80 Live--750RWHP

Tuner in Training

Making a 6R80 Live--750RWHP

I've auto swapped my car and under the trans tunnel lives a 2014 F150 6r80. I've raced and raced this car, I wouldn't be surprised if this transmission has 700 quarter mile pass in the 10 second range. Now the car's out putting significantly more HP and I've started clicking off 9.7-9.4 quarter mile passes. So far the stock 6R80 is holding up, but I've got a feeling I'm really pushing the limits.

How are you guys keeping your stock 6r80's alive? ECM 41241--Trans TQ reduction? So far, I've keep the fares at bay, by increasing shift pressures,adjusting ramp rates and adjusting clutch fill times.

Thanks
    Last edited by oldbones; 05-10-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Potential Tuner
    im new with HP tuners, care to share your tune file? really want to save my 6r80 with my high HP build as long as possible but just dont know where to start. id greatly appreciate it!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbones View Post
    I've auto swapped my car and under the trans tunnel lives a 2014 F150 6r80. I've raced and raced this car, I wouldn't be surprised if this transmission has 700 quarter mile pass in the 10 second range. Now the car's out putting significantly more HP and I've started clicking off 9.7-9.4 quarter mile passes. So far the stock 6R80 is holding up, but I've got a feeling I'm really pushing the limits.

How are you guys keeping your stock 6r80's alive? ECM 41241--Trans TQ reduction? So far, I've keep the fares at bay, by increasing shift pressures,adjusting ramp rates and adjusting clutch fill times.

Thanks
    Couldn?t hurt to just throw some clutch packs in it. Those go a long way, the transmission hardware itself it?s stout. At that horsepower range. You?re going about it the correct way. Most tuners just turn the torque reduction and truncation off all together. But if you can get the reduction logic to work that?s the best way. That an id assume you have a torque converter? Those go a long way in keeping it alive