Thread: 2014 Mustang 6R80 Shift Point Question

2014 Mustang 6R80 Shift Point Question

I was looking at an older base 2014 V6 Mustang automatic file from the repository and these are supposed to have the 6R80. But the shift scheduling is different from the 2015-up Mustangs.
    I see that the Shift RPM Normal WOT shift points are set way high (6750 RPM for 1-2, 2-3, 3-4, and 4-5) but the individual upshift schedules for (Shift Schedule, Offroad, Tow/Haul, etc...) use Throttle position vs vehicle speed, like the old school Ford tunes (like my 2000 Crown Vic with 4R70W). And these vehicle speeds translate to much lower engine RPMs. We're talking like 1-2 at 5900, 2-3, at 5600, 3-4 at 5400, 4-5 at 5400 etc...

Can anyone confirm whether the 2014 Mustang would follow the Shift RPM Normal WOT settings, or the individual tables for TPS vs Vehicle speed at WOT?

Tuner
    2014 tvs 47 inj 85 mm pulley.hpt

Here is 14 auto to cross reference.

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    2014 tvs 47 inj 85 mm pulley.hpt

Here is 14 auto to cross reference.
    So which is it using for WOT shift points? The 6700 RPM on the WOT settings, or the individual TP vs VS shift tables (which are much lower RPMs)?

Tuner
    I would say 6700. Shift RPM normal-WOT. Select shift has a MPH schedule but thats maxed out to 245mph so it will never hit that, so I am thinking the PCM is referencing the only other table for shift schedule, which is the WOT shifts

Quote Originally Posted by rryanfla View Post
    I would say 6700. Shift RPM normal-WOT. Select shift has a MPH schedule but thats maxed out to 245mph so it will never hit that, so I am thinking the PCM is referencing the only other table for shift schedule, which is the WOT shifts
    So you're not running this tune? There are other upshift schedules if you look. Like the Normal shift schedule. They use TPS vs MPH, like the older Fords going back to the late 90s/early 00s.

Tuner
    not running this tune as I have a 17 6R80. I put it up for you to cross reference as its a TVS tune. Pretty sure they also tuned the tranny for higher RPM shifts

Advanced Tuner
    They shift around 6750. The math will add up incorrect when you use the mph. The ECM will use different parameters stored in the vid block which is why we disable vid block.
    15+ use OSS which stays the same for each mustang or truck since it's before gear ratio and tire size.

They run normal mode and select shift. The other tables are there for the f150s

Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    They shift around 6750. The math will add up incorrect when you use the mph. The ECM will use different parameters stored in the vid block which is why we disable vid block.
    15+ use OSS which stays the same for each mustang or truck since it's before gear ratio and tire size.

They run normal mode and select shift. The other tables are there for the f150s
    So on the 2014 V6 Mustang, the math did not add up. The TP vs VS would have it shift at 5900 RPM or lower. I even plotted out everything with the correct tire size etc... Yes I am familiar with the OSS tables with my 2014 SHO. The reason I asked about the 2014 V6 Mustang is that its 3.7 is similar to the N/A 3.5 in my Explorer. I was curious as to how high the RPMs are when the 6R80 shifts with that engine in the Mustang.