Thread: hot start back fire help please

Potential Tuner

hot start back fire help please

very new to tuning.. so i ls swapped a 4.3 2007 sierra and took it in for a tune.. 6.0 swap.. i have had back fires at warm start up ever since.. comp cam .553 lift 109 lsa, 243 heads ... i bought hp tuners to try to address the issue to no avail.. attached is my tune from the tuner... grounds are perfect as well first things i checked.. could someone please help me.. my email is attached to my file..

Senior Tuner
    A datalog will help us diagnose the problem. If it's backfiring out of the exhaust, it's likely a faulty cam sensor or cam sensor circuit. Does it have any DTC's stored?

Potential Tuner
    awsome... thank you so much.. my scanner is set up on the file that came with it im still pretty green.. but i took some logs, the first one ill attach it stared good a few times and wouldnt start at all, it advances timing to around 46 degrees.. it has both new gm ac delco crank and cam sensors that had a relearn done on the crank sensor.. i want to say thank you for getting back to me.. also no codes
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by lucas1988; 05-09-2021 at 10:26 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Add the camshaft position sensor count to your datalogs. That's a quick way to check the sensor output.
    Can you attach the current tune file as well?

Potential Tuner

good log file of back fire and current tune...

heres what you asked for.. i added the camshaft deals, there was three i added all of them..hope they are correct
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    The datalog does indicated that the cam sensor is functioning. It could simply be a leaking injector that is causing the popping out of the exhaust.