Thread: 6L90 Tuning

Tuner in Training

6L90 Tuning

Hi All,

Having an issue with my auto (LSA/6L90 - 3.54 ratio rear end), had some mods done to engine - higher boost (2.55 upper pulley - block hugger headers, 2.5 inch stainless exhausts, plus bigger injectors)

The concern I have is that when cruising on motorway in 6th gear around 1500rpm and want to accelerate with minimal throttle it feels like the car is bogging down or lugging (similar to when you are driving a manual and are going like 30 MPH and are in 6th gear and try to accelerate).

It doesn't seem to drop gear quick enough almost acting a little like turbo lag.

I'm getting into boost (kpa increases) once at around 2000rpm she clears and pulls good

Car was tuned but trans tune not touched. (identical from what can see to CTS-v stock tune)

Help / suggestions please, is there anything we can tune in the transmission that will help with this?

Senior Tuner
    Where do you want to start lol.

Post up a log of what you are talking about just so we can make sure there is nothing else holding you out. Timing etc. Should pull alright on the flats in top gear. Plenty of torque available.

Assuming everything is good, your 6th to 5th downshift tables are where you will need to be.

You can also try out the bluecat trans tool which can be searched for on this forum.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Where do you want to start lol.

Post up a log of what you are talking about just so we can make sure there is nothing else holding you out. Timing etc. Should pull alright on the flats in top gear. Plenty of torque available.

Assuming everything is good, your 6th to 5th downshift tables are where you will need to be.

You can also try out the bluecat trans tool which can be searched for on this forum.

Thanks HJ, will grab a tune file in the next few days and post them up.

Cheers