Thread: FIC 1440H 2016 P1X issues/questions

FIC 1440H 2016 P1X issues/questions

Wanted to start a thread to try and dial in a couple things. Coming off ID1050x around 14psi and 85% DC. Wanted to build bottom end/cams and 17ish psi. Decided to save a couple bucks FIC1440 vs ID1300x for a safer fuel supply. Some observations with FIC's supplied data for a return style system with base pressure set at 58psi. High slope higher than low slope. Supposedly due to non linearity at lower pulse widths which I can believe. Minimum 3.5ms pulse vs. 2.0ms ID1050x. I couldn't get the 1440's to work at all with pump gas 93. Was taking out over 40+% at the bottom end of MAF just to get to idle but would rev hang high when blipping throttle. Decided to switch over to Ethanol like I run during summer and at roughly E75 now. So now on ethanol car drives ok Up top plenty of fuel and no issues. Things I'm having issues with are minor drivability things. Not overly convinced injector data is on point. Still having issues with car idling down around 20mph. Wants to drive it self. Tried increasing DFCO intervention and lowering TQ in DD tables around that TPS%. Next will try and modify decreasingly TQ/inverse tables in the MP areas probably 0-4.

So currently what I'm seeing. The 1050x MAF curve was within 10% of stock. Airload looked legit at 2.0 with roughly 14psi which I believe makes sense. Now the 1440 MAF curve needs so much tweaking and still hovering around -15% STFT around 25% different from stock on average. With this I believe is throwing off the airload by 20+% I'm only seeing 1.6 load at same boost. My inferred barometer is around 11.6 when running the 1050's would be around 14ish.

I will try and post picture of my difference of MAF vs. stock/1050/1440. also will try and post FIC data excel sheet. Just looking for some advice on handle it. I believe we can make it work but may have to skew some things.

Thanks for the input

MAFinj_vs_stock.JPG1440slopes.JPGFICLINIC_1440_FORDDATA_SCT_WEBSITE_RAILTEMP - 2020.xlsx

I have some data for 50 PSI base pressure, if you'd like to give that a try. Fuel trims were within 2% on an NA car running E85 on a return style system.

1440 50 PSI.PNG

Quote Originally Posted by nicks1031 View Post
    I have some data for 50 PSI base pressure, if you'd like to give that a try. Fuel trims were within 2% on an NA car running E85 on a return style system.

1440 50 PSI.PNG
    Will give anything a shot. Thanks. Where did that data come from. Looks similar to the FIC layout but vastly different from latest from there website.

Its slightly modified from the HP Tuners tab because that tab is based at 50 PSI.