Thread: torque crv limit

Tuner in Training

torque crv limit

cant seem to figure out how to get rid of the torque crv limit
    I thought I had all the torque limiters maxed out but i must be missing something

Screenshot (2)_LI.jpg

this is the tune i'm running in the log screen shot

2003 personal truck (cleaning up tune) 6.hpt

Banned
    You are likely hitting the limit set in the tables HP Tuners calls ?Full Throttle Fuel Limit?

Banned
    From that snapshot, once you get that sorted it looks like you?ll be hitting other limiters as well.

Tuner in Training
    i cant seem to find the tables for full throttle fuel limits
    the spike in demanded pressure if being held back by boost pretty sure i know how to change that but this torque curve limit i cant seem to solve

Banned
    Go to the ?Diesel Fueling? tab, then ?Main Injection? tab and you?ll see it on the left side where it says ?Full Throttle Fueling?. That?s your torque curve tables.

Tuner in Training
    Screenshot (7).png

early 03 truck might not have that table?

here's a copy of what's in my 03 ECM right now with limiters gone etc, the torque crv limit will hit on wide-open full throttle fueling as well so depending on how heavily you have things modified etc you may hit it often, in my 05 when I had the wrong nozzles in and chased my tail in tuning I hit it often in lower spots in the mm3 and really falls on it's face, but if your maxed out fueling and wide-open could be another limiter.

hope this helps and makes sense I know at first I took me a few tries, use the compare log as well

Attachment 109923
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Is it causing any fuel or timing to be pulled back? If it isn't I wouldn't worry about it. I have seen that come up before and it has not caused any issues in my tuning. It does not pull fuel from what I am commanding. Strange how it will pop up but does not actually affect the tune.

Tuner in Training
    Mine is affecting fueling. Its not hitting the rail pressure that is set in the tune file
    Keeps it lower then commanded and it shows up on the log and as I let off the throttle it will jump up to desired
    Only running 2400 us for injector pw

Tuner in Training
    On my 03 the Torque CRV limit is from hitting the max value in the pedal map. Increase your max value to 160. It will still hit it but shouldn't be a limiter at that level.

Torque Curve won't affect rail pressure. Rail pressure is usually do Cp3, lift pump, and way the pump is controlled in tune file.