Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learn to tune. "THE RIGHT WAY!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daft View Post
    From what i have noticed all the "good tuners" don't have time to post information on this forum. Most of them have spend endless amounts of hours behind a keyboard and on a load based dyno to figure everything out, especially on the 5th gen stuff. They don't really want to share all that info and even if they could its self taught fro trial and error. have you tried to find a tuner in your area that deals with corvettes ?
    Im fine now and have learned that some things can be tuned in normal closed loop. Honestly i just watch the graphs and so far have not have too many issues. For me, startup....warmup and idle was the toughest. Cruise and WOT was not too tough to figure out. Seriously, all I did in some cases was to watch my torque and trims. If I saw a trend after a change, good or bad I adjusted accordingly. Usually in closed loop. I'm fine with open loop tuning but have proven it to myself that some things can be tuned in closed loop. After all that's how its driven.Open loop tuning does take a LOT less time of course, but I'm not running a shop.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    Contact Frost (above in this thread) or Ben Charles. They do remote tuning, I believe. Either that or take it to a shop. Learning a Gen V quickly isn't really an option, especially if you work 18 hrs a day, 7 days a week. If that's true, you really just need to ship the car somewhere in my opinion.