Thread: Btr Stage 3 high lift cam tuning

Btr Stage 3 high lift cam tuning

Hey guys cant figure out why i cant gat this thing to idle in drive or reverse. park is ok put still rough. does not have any get up and go. gen 3 5.3 aluminum block, cam, springs, pushrods, 3200 stall. it goes good at mid throttle. wont do anything if you step on it it wants to choke. i found that when putting it in drive it goes full lean, when im out cruising sometimes it will go full lean when i step on it. need to let off and go again. can some one have a look and see what is going on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

You have the MAF failed wrong for speed density. The MAF dtc's need to be MIL on first error.

That computer uses the secondary VE table in speed density, so any changes you did to the primary VE tables are not doing anything. And that VE table is terrible looking on the primary side.

You still have power enrichment basically off. Change the pedal percent to 50%, raise the MAP kpa to 80kpa and lower the rpm delay to 1,500rpm. Your PE is real fat too, aim for 12.0 AFR while you dial in the fueling.

Put your timing tables back to more normal-ish and start over tuning the VE table with your wideband error.

Make sure fuel pressure is always steady at 58psi and do not be surprised if you run out of fuel injector. Those stock 25lb/hr likely won't be enough for how much power and rpm that camshaft can do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thank you thank you thank you for the help. Made those changes and a few more. And now tuning the secondary ve. The car is an animal out of the hole all the way through the rpm range. After driving and tuning for a couple hours with no problems what so ever and out of the blue we came to a stop sign and it started to go full lean and started pulling timing all the way to -20. Bumped it to neutral and cleared up. Drove a few more meters and tried another stop and same thing. I will find the log and post later. Any ideas

here is my log of what is happening, seems like its when iat temps are around 129* it starts acting up. not sure if i can bump the parameters high or try and find a way to cool air intake. not sure if this is the correct log
    Attached Files Attached Files

The PE settings really need changing, you were at full throttle still commanding stoich. Lower the pedal enable to 60%, lower the rpm delay to 1,500 and lower the commanded EQ ratio to somewhere around a 12.0 to 12.5 AFR, I usually start at 1.200. It's showing lots of knock retard which isn't good.

Add injector duty cycle to your logs so you can make sure you don't max them out.

I would for sure figure out a better intake if you are seeing that high of IAT's just driving around. That's at least 40 degrees over ambient temp in some cases.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Thanks for the reply. My editor I posted in the original post has been changed to what you suggested in you answer. The full throttle pulls are amazing and dont seem to be running out of injector. The idle lean only happens when we have been out for a few hours and only goes lean when coming to a stop light. My next step is to isolate the "cold" air intake to a more cooler situation

here is my current editor setup after you made suggestions. im tuning main ve with maf turned on. seconday ve tuning went well.