Thread: Ltft

Potential Tuner

Ltft

Do the ltft's have to be clean after maf tuning and sd tuning? lf so how do I reset them.

Yes, you want to reset the trims when you are tuning with them.

The scanner will let you reset them in the special functions icon.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks

Potential Tuner
    These ltft need to be cleared each time? If so before the file is saved, flashed? Do these ltft mess with you while you trying to tune. After MAF Tuning turned all back on and fuel starts going lean, watching the wideband. Started VE Tuning turn all back on fuel starts going lean again. About 10 to 15 percent but one time 30.

Without knowing how you had the tune file setup it's hard to know why it's doing what it's doing.

If you are using a wideband to tune with the fuel trims need to be turned off and you only need to reset the trims prior to do a data log to make sure they say zero. The MAF and VE are done separate and the MAF has to be failed for speed density tuning.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I did the MAF first and then the VE. Turned off my Wideband and I think that probably got my problems fixed. How can I turn off the wide band to the computer and leave the gauge on?

These computers don't use a wideband, so it was never "connected" to the computer anyway. You were just logging it with the MPVI2, so it can be left on all the time.

I leave my wideband connected to my OBD2 port 100% of the time, so it's there when I plug my laptop back in.

Potential Tuner
    I have a OBD2 splitter and I leave the MPVI2 pluged in under the dash with the wideband is that still ok.

Senior Tuner
    Yes. Just be aware the MPVI2 doesn't have a low voltage cut out so if the car isn't driven for 2 or 4 weeks you'll have a flat battery. First hand experience.

Before I start another thread I am having trouble with only being able to see and log bank one fuel trims. Does anyone know why this would be? I do see the bank 2 o2 sensor and it is seems to be working the same as bank 1 sensor.