Thread: 350z hr 2007 ecu 23710-ev16a

Banned

350z hr 2007 ecu 23710-ev16a

Although the HR is listed as being supported I have seen a number of person reporting not being
    able to connect to the ECU.

I need to purchase a tuning tool for my vehicle and I need confirmation that my vehicle is indeed supported.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HOODEY View Post
    Although the HR is listed as being supported I have seen a number of person reporting not being

I need to purchase a tuning tool for my vehicle and I need confirmation that my vehicle is indeed supported.
    Clearly One of the most popular performance cars is unsupported.

Good luck getting a response here, I have posted a few things and there was mostly silence. From what I understand there is some development in the pipeline but nothing official. I will be going down the same route as you with a tuning turbo VQ37. How did you go with the timing adjustment for the increase in cylinder pressure? Adjusting the trimming tables? Hopefully once I start tuning Ill share any progress on here to help others struggling with the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by HOODEY View Post

The HR (SH_7058 controller) is indeed a supported vehicle.

ev16a.PNG

Your specific vehicle in question also already has a definition.

Tuner in Training
    Just fyi, Idk if you saw my post about my 07 but I had a local guy replace my EV12C Rom with the EV52D Rom and it now works. No hardware change or wiring change at the DLC, everything was in place to communicate via hsCAN instead of the K line that was used in early 07 models. Just make sure yours is communicating on HS CAN first. Not sure if that could help you or not but I figured I'd mention it because so far it's working great and I added cruise to my base model with the Rom and steering wheel buttons just as easy. Hit me up if you've got any questions, been using it for awhile so I've figured out enough to turbo charge my car with 850cc injecors and a BW S366 but I've still got a few questions for Evan if he's available in a new thread. Good luck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by evan.s@hptuners View Post
    ev16a.PNG

Your specific vehicle in question also already has a definition.
    If that is the case brilliant as I received a contradictory message from one of your colleagues.

Please see the attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    I'm convinced HPT support has zero interest in helping with Nissan/Infiniti. I'm glad the software was written but mostly up to us to figure it out. Like why is MAF B almost but not exactly half the value of MAF by voltage? The Nissan computer doesn't even read as high as the table in editor, 268 g/s combined at around 4.2v, MAF table goes over 500 g/s. Voltage still climbs and pw changes but stops counting at 268. So far I'm happy though, tons of access to different parameters compared to UPREV. Most work well, some do nothing. Nissan software developers seem to use as many inputs as possible to accomplish one seemingly simple operation. I'm learning though

Quote Originally Posted by Zever View Post
    I'm convinced HPT support has zero interest in helping with Nissan/Infiniti. I'm glad the software was written but mostly up to us to figure it out. Like why is MAF B almost but not exactly half the value of MAF by voltage? The Nissan computer doesn't even read as high as the table in editor, 268 g/s combined at around 4.2v, MAF table goes over 500 g/s. Voltage still climbs and pw changes but stops counting at 268. So far I'm happy though, tons of access to different parameters compared to UPREV. Most work well, some do nothing. Nissan software developers seem to use as many inputs as possible to accomplish one seemingly simple operation. I'm learning though
    It sounds like the scanner input has a data type limit. I.E. a byte value has a maximum value of 255, unsigned short value of 65535, etc. Scaled (meaning applying a scalar value, ex. value / 2 or value * 1.5, etc to achieve the output value), the maximum value it can go to is 268 even if the actual is higher than that. This is without actually checking though, but just from your description it sounds like that is what is happening. If you post a log I can confirm.

Tuner in Training
    Thx Evan. I sorta get what your saying. Is it like when I increase intake tube size to slow the velocity the value read wont actually mean specifically what it says? Meaning, I shouldn't assume that on a stock vehicle if it says 268 g/s that it is that quantity since it doesn't really matter, what matters is the rate of change between values. Realistically you could call it 268 candy bars and the tuning operation would be the same. I'll put up a log in a new thread in a few days once I get my MAFs figured out. Just went to Cars and Coffee in Concord, NC and my car ran great cruising around and getting on it up to about 6psi and 5k. I'm really impressed with what this program has been capable of doing, can't wait to feel it rip to 7500 around 10psi. Even short shifting now on low boost the things rips like never before (and I outran a 5.7 Challenger from a roll 3 times while still NA, with just a custom exhaust, intakes and tuned with HPT by me). FYI, if Nissan left anything on the table (probably emissions related) it's definitely in the cam tables,, gave it a much broader mid range. Btw, the exhaust cams are listed as degrees of advance but it's really retarding them. Figured that out by comparing with UPREV tables which look identical

Tuner in Training
    Had no idea who the OPer was until now. I'm sorry I said anything! I'll add a posiive spin on my experiencce because I've made HPT work wonders for my build recently. 2007 350Z, still stock long block, mid mount s366 and all supporting mods done by me in my transmission shop for fun. AEM 340lph with modded fuel regulator and transfer venturi and 850cc LS3 style injectors (needed extensions for correct height). It's ripping hard, I'm holding it at around 10psi, 11.5AFR to redline and very conservative on the ignition timing (sub 10s at max load) which I've been able to trim fairly well with the software. I'm a bit confused on the tables that have a load axis, is it calculated or absolute load that we're looking at?. Timing tables (spark and cam) can be stretched out to 200 percent but the main fuel compensation table limits to 100 percent when changing the axis's. Honestly, between a couple of questions here and there about definitions and thrilled with HPT on my platform.

Potential Tuner
    i have a Nissan 350z hr I'm trying to get tuned and it will not read or write the ecu. keeps saying controller not ready.

Potential Tuner
    I as well am having trouble connecting to the ECU. 07 350z HR
    Has anyone figured this out? HPTuners included in that question.

Tuner in Training
    Most 07s need a late 08 operating system flashed in. I'm using EV52D in place of EV12 if I remember correctly. This makes it communicate via CAN which HPT requires. The car is already wired with the CAN connection. Once that's done HPT works pretty well if you're familiar with tuning a Nissan. I've got a 3.7HR, boosted with 850cc injectors and 3 inch MAF tubes and I got it running just about perfect.

Potential Tuner
    Hi guys!
    How do I obtain the EV52D ROM file? I need it as my 07 is giving me a hard time

Tuner in Training
    I'm in the auto repair business and there's a local company that i call on occasionally, if there's an ecu that I can't clone or program, to install the ROM. It might be hard to find someone to do it, it kind of an odd request, so another option is to purchase a used 08 ECU. The EV52 rom is for a manual with cruise. I just added the switches to my base model for cruise, something to consider if you don't have it. But if purchasing a used one, any 08 ECu that has the same trans type is sure to work no matter what ROM it is. You will need someone to match your keys to it though, that's much easier to get done by any fully capable auto lock smith

Potential Tuner
    I can upgrade all EVxx ecu's to EV52D via bench flashing...but I am in South Africa though

It's great to hear about your positive experience with HPTuners on your 350Z build. Have you encountered any specific challenges or quirks while tuning that you'd like to discuss or share tips about?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by nadkewl View Post
    I can upgrade all EVxx ecu's to EV52D via bench flashing...but I am in South Africa though
    That's good to know, about the only thing i've heard of that can do that is the Alientech Kess3. Is that what you use or did you figure something else out? Im just getting into bench programming and cloning so it might be dumb question lol

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Wapof View Post
    It's great to hear about your positive experience with HPTuners on your 350Z build. Have you encountered any specific challenges or quirks while tuning that you'd like to discuss or share tips about?
    I've spent an embarressing amount of time tuning my car with HPT but I got it all worked out. I'm not an experienced tuner, and no previous experience with Nissan, so there was a bit of learning curve. This software offers access to a lot of tables but most aren't defined as far as what the heck they do and some do nothing at all. I've got a table for coolant temp vs pwm for the cooling fans but the HRs simply have high/lo fan speeds. That particular table does nothing to affect fans on/off vs temp. The tire size input for speedo calibration doesn't do anything when changed and if you change engine displacement under the general tab it sets a checksum error dtc and won't start (I tried to change 3.5l to 3.7l). It's not user friendly but if you've got the time to research the ins and outs of Nissan tuning it offers you access to the major paraments for engine mods and really that's all I was after. I'm building a forged motor now and fabbing up something more unique and better flowing as far as the turbo set up but def going full standalone with that. Too much expense in the engine to risk not going with an aftermarket ECU.