Thread: OLSD tuning c6 ZR1 ghost limiter?

Tuner

OLSD tuning c6 ZR1 ghost limiter?

Ive never come across this before but as im starting the year off with a new H/C setup and getting it dialed in with the first portion of OL SD tuning with Methanol inj and pump gas. I can not seem to get it to rev beyond 6300 during WOT pulls, it seems to have traction at this point and is repeatable. It pulls timing from tq management it seems. I have my limiters set to 7000 rpm in gear and 6000 during p/n situations (for NLS)
    this setup worked great for the past 3 years and this is a first. But this is the first year im actually starting out doing SD then MAF blend tune as opposed to just MAF like i use to do.

anyone have any insight on this?

BandV ZR1WORKING 2021 OLSD HC WORKING.hpttq mgt adv wot 6300 limit.PNG

Tuner
    after looking under Fuel < cutoff < CMD torque 12073 in the posted tune, during the event the torque reported of 400 at 6300 rpms lines up with what is populated in the table...
    this table says its only active while a limiter active.
    But i do not have a limiter set to 6300 anywhere.
    thought it was interesting to see the log reporting 400lbft during the event consistently.
    ive had that built in number for cmd torque previously since it worked well for NLS and never had this type of issue before...

i want to keep NLS in place so i dont want to max that table out up to say 7200rpm

Advanced Tuner
    Have you logged all of your torque management channels yet to see which one is taking over during the event?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by davidchristian83 View Post
    Have you logged all of your torque management channels yet to see which one is taking over during the event?
    Good point, ill look and see what else i may need to log besides the ones i have in the snapshot attached. mostly i just have spark type monitors since i turn off any type of fueling or tb control.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bjlindell View Post
    Good point, ill look and see what else i may need to log besides the ones i have in the snapshot attached. mostly i just have spark type monitors since i turn off any type of fueling or tb control.
    If you go into the scanner channels, and search the keyword "torque" you will see several TM options such as transmission, pedal, axle, etc... I'd add any Spark Retard channels their are as well.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by davidchristian83 View Post
    If you go into the scanner channels, and search the keyword "torque" you will see several TM options such as transmission, pedal, axle, etc... I'd add any Spark Retard channels their are as well.
    after adding the other tq parameters, it shows none during the event except for the tq managment advance is still pulling a lot of timing.

it is frustrating and i can get by it with making the cmd torque much higher but it doesnt really provide a limiter and ive spun it up to 7500 rpms... yikes.

update: my torque tube is busted and need to get that fixed before i can try anything else.

tq mgt adv wot 6300 limit 2.PNG

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    give this a shot

BandV ZR1WORKING 2021 OLSD HC WORKING TEST.hpt

make sure traction also is fully off
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner
    Thanks for the feedback. i will give this a try and see what happens. it makes sense what you have adjusted.

Tuner
    forgot to get back on here and follow up with what i found.

I had my park and reverse set just as low as my neutral setting all at 6000rpm and all the in 1-6 gears were set at 7200.
    after i adjusted the park and reverse to match the 1-6 gear limiters it was operating as intended.
    all good now.

Thanks