Thread: Rescaling 3 bar map sensor

Tuner in Training

Rescaling 3 bar map sensor

Ive done a ton of research on how to change from a 2 bar to a 3 bar map and nothing I have sound seems to apply.
    When I click my OS button I have no options. Not sure if Im doing something wrong or if its just old information.
    Also not sure that the OS is not 3 bar as the VE is scaled up to 285kpa.
    The MAP sensor linear is 195kpa
    Do I just need to rescale this here maybe?
    Ive attached my tune for reference.
    Also if anyone could give me a hand resolving the idle surge/stall that would be awesome!idle 2 stall.hplDans turbo mustang idle tuning.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Start with the original tune file from the stock truck, then you can apply the 3 bar os. Just like you did when you applied the 2 bar OS.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by kaik View Post
    Start with the original tune file from the stock truck, then you can apply the 3 bar os. Just like you did when you applied the 2 bar OS.
    I didnt do it. Came this way so I dont have a stock file for this ECU

Tuner in Training
    Then just download the appropriate stock file from the repository.

Do you need a 3bar OS, or just how to change the tune to work with a 3bar MAP? If it's the latter, you just enter the linear & offset in teh littel boxes that match the new sensor.

Writing someone else's repository file is going to cost you credits twice - once before you can write the file and then again after you've created the new PCM serial+VIN combo. Get the PCM flashed with a stock GM calibration using the same VIN and *I think* it won't require relicensing at all. At least it shouldn't as the serial+VIN combo will stay the same.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Do you need a 3bar OS, or just how to change the tune to work with a 3bar MAP? If it's the latter, you just enter the linear & offset in teh littel boxes that match the new sensor.

Writing someone else's repository file is going to cost you credits twice - once before you can write the file and then again after you've created the new PCM serial+VIN combo. Get the PCM flashed with a stock GM calibration using the same VIN and *I think* it won't require relicensing at all. At least it shouldn't as the serial+VIN combo will stay the same.
    I would much rather just rescale the MAP if possible.

All you have to do is enter the linear & offset values for the new sensor.

Well, and then save the file and write it to the car... were you thinking other tables had to be adjusted too?

p.s. That is a non-HPT operating system, I think EFI Live. I searched on the ID and got nothing.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    All you have to do is enter the linear & offset values for the new sensor.

Well, and then save the file and write it to the car... were you thinking other tables had to be adjusted too?

p.s. That is a non-HPT operating system, I think EFI Live. I searched on the ID and got nothing.
    Oh. Im not sure what it started life as. I just got this car and have been using HP tuners to make my adjustments to it.
    The VE table is configured up to 285kpa right now so it seemed like if I just rescaled the MAP sensor the rest should be ok

(insert Inigo Montoya meme here...)

No rescaling anything. If you want it to read up to 3bar, you have to install a 3bar sensor and enter the correct linear/offset values for whatever sensor you use. You cannot 'rescale' a non-3bar sensor to read up to 3bar. Each MAP sensor has a specific linear/offset and trying to cheat (rescale?) the settings to get a sensor to read something other than what it is is not how you do it.

Tuner in Training
    "rescaling" may not be the correct term. Obviously the sensor needs to read it's correct range and it would need the 3bar map.
    Seeing as the tune it's self has the range it's just a matter of entering the linear and offset values?
    Is that a set parameter per sensor or does it need to be measured. I assumed the offset was set to atmospheric at rest?

Linear/offset are theoretical, extrapolated values and fixed for each part number. Linear is the kPa if it were able to output 5.00 volts, and offset is the kPa if it were able to output 0.00 volts. Any common sensor will have the data published somewhere and it's up to to find it.

For instance, the ZR1 MAP: https://www.google.com/search?tbs=li...s.com+12592525

Tuner in Training
    Perfect. As long as I know that I can change those values to cover my map I'll figure out the rest. That's exactly what I need to know. Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    02 tahoe 5.3 76mmOS.hpt
    Very basic set up here buit this is probably where I would start if this is on a stock motor without a cam or anything. Not calibrated by any means but here ya go

Advanced Tuner
    wrong post