Thread: Jeep 5.3 swap MAF flat lining at 4k RPM

Potential Tuner

Jeep 5.3 swap MAF flat lining at 4k RPM

Hello all!

Recently completed a 5.3/4L60E swap in my 95' YJ Wrangler. So far things are finally getting there but I have another issue that came up once I was able to get to a dyno and start tuning. When running a pull on the dyno and/or while data logging, over 4k RPM the MAF simply flat lines. We assumed a bad MAF so I replaced it with a brand new OEM Delphi MAF...same problem! I am running one 3" high flow CAT which is new, 255LPH fuel pump (new), Holley fuel rails on a stock intake (LSXRT design), 2004 LS6 cam, 10:1 compression, 243 heads. All components are new/rebuild as this was a frame off build.

In order to rule out the MAF or something else, we ran a speed density tune and it ran no issues. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? My dyno tuner wants to run it speed density but I want to figure out what it causing the issue before I simply ignore it.

I have attached the tune and data logs I took recently for reference. Really appreciate the knowledge and assistance here!

-Domenic
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fueling is going very lean when under load. Either you have a fuel pressure problem or that MAF curve needs a lot of fuel added to it. I compared that MAF curve to a stock one and you are way way lower in the upper HZ ranges compared to a stock MAF curve.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for the quick response!

I'm running an all new fuel system with a corvette style filter/regulator that from what I can tell so far is getting the fuel at the right pressure. I will double check it for sure. If you can see that the MAF curve is so much lower than a stock tune that could definitely be an/the issue?

Thanks again!