Thread: 2015 6.7 in a 2011 tune help

Tuner in Training

2015 6.7 in a 2011 tune help

2011 F250 truck i just did a complete 2015 engine/ turbo/ fuel system swap. 2011 harness.
    HP tuners gives me checksum error when I try to read the file from my truck.
    Can anybody help me out with a tune to make this work?
    Truck had weight reduction when i got it. I have access to a 2015 truck with similar mods, but I'm not sure if HPT will read that file either.
    I can also program with Ford software, but I'm hesitant until i know the original weight reduction file is saved for sure.
    Thoughts?

Potential Tuner
    I have had this issue with trucks that had tunes from certain vendors on them. Factory trucks I can copy, ezlynk trucks I can copy, and even HNS although I don't think the parameters for HNS are correct. I have ran into 1 SCT truck and it always gave me the check sum failed. This isn't a solution just my experiences so far. I am still new to HP tuners.

Tuner in Training
    Hp Tuners sent me a file this morning!
    I did not expect it to work for some reason. Now i can get it set up finally.

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Cody View Post
    I have had this issue with trucks that had tunes from certain vendors on them. Factory trucks I can copy, ezlynk trucks I can copy, and even HNS although I don't think the parameters for HNS are correct. I have ran into 1 SCT truck and it always gave me the check sum failed. This isn't a solution just my experiences so far. I am still new to HP tuners.
    I believe it is due to some companies changing the strategy or OS numbers.