Thread: maf tuning after cam swap

Potential Tuner

maf tuning after cam swap

2008 corvette ls3 6l80 car, I've had the car for over a year, played with MAF and VE tables last year using goat rope garage's methods and it worked fairly well. This winter did a cam swap BTR stage 3, and a 3600 stall converter. took it to a reputable tuner in my area because I didn't want to take on the challenge with my limited skill base lol. anyways I've started attempting to tune maf, deactivating, LTFT o2 readiness, the tuner had already deactivated SD, -3* timing from both tables, DFCO. Right of the bat the car still acted like DFCO was enabled, leaned out every time i got off the throttle, made it better, yesterday after some adjustments got things to work well up until about 8000htz, 4k rpm it would lean out hard and cut out( hence my steep curve] todays attempts the car would fuel fine at idle but did not want to start moving from a stop, would cough getting going then it would be fine above 1250k ish after that it would continue to be on the lean side. id adjust, still lean. over and over. I'm not doing something right and I cant figure out what it is. these same tactics worked great last year before the cam and converter swap. any input is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I may not be able to help in this particular instance, but it would definitely help to see the original tune file to compare...

Casey

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey A View Post
    I may not be able to help in this particular instance, but it would definitely help to see the original tune file to compare...

Casey
    Okay I?ll post my tune file from the first attempt when I get home tomorrow night.

Senior Tuner
    It appears that you've increased the MAF curve substantially. Out of curiosity, how did it run when you have the tuner's tune in it? Was it not dialed in properly?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It appears that you've increased the MAF curve substantially. Out of curiosity, how did it run when you have the tuner's tune in it? Was it not dialed in properly?
    I curved it substantially because from that point on it would go very lean and cut out.
    Motor wise it was okay. Likes to die when In gear after you give a little throttle then let it come down to idle at a stop. Transmission wouldn?t shift without hitting the limiter on wot. So I had to fix it myself. Not impressed with the tune at all.