Thread: Finally got good data - can't find MAF to log data

Tuner

Finally got good data - can't find MAF to log data

Hello everyone. Thanks for y'alls help and some help from some local friends I have figured out my issue logging data. My EGR WB formula was WAY off. I got about 10 miles on the truck today and went to do some MAF tuning but I can't find it in the parameter to log. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? I've included the most recent log, tune, and screenshot from my scanner.

Good data.hpl06 Sierra - ve test plus 10p ve.hpt
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2006 1500hd LQ4, 706 heads, 1 7/8 long-tube headers, BTR stage 2 v2 cam (212/218 @.50, 553/553, 111 lsa)

You still have the MAF disabled in that tune file. LTFT still active, too.

Search for any/all variations - MAF, Hz, hertz, flow, sensor, etc.

Tuner
    Ugh... So that data set is trash for VE. I'll try again.

I enabled the MAF sensor and it still didn't show up. I did read that it might be under 'airflow'. I'm gonna try again in a little bit. Gotta love spring cleaning the camper in preparation for camping next weekend while trying to dial in the tow rig.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    LTFT still active
    I turned them off by setting the min ECT to 284 and the entire graph for ECT vs. IAT is also at 284

Engine -> Fuel -> Oxygen Sensors

Did I do that right? The file I uploaded has the settings already set.

In order to turn on the MAF all I need to do is kill CEL light, set it to first fail, and set the frequency back to 13,500, Correct?

I think my problem is that I didn't erase the LTFT history. I did that and logged 3 data points, 2 are 5 miles plus and the last is just a few miles. Let me know what you think.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: hpl 1.hpl (481.5 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: hpl 2.hpl (833.5 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: hpl 3.hpl (103.0 KB, 6 views)
    2006 1500hd LQ4, 706 heads, 1 7/8 long-tube headers, BTR stage 2 v2 cam (212/218 @.50, 553/553, 111 lsa)

You are not logging the MAF (Hz) in the main channels list, if it's not in the list the data is not there for the graphs to work with. You have to add it in the list on the left, AND then in the graphs setup. If you don't see it in available channels, connect without starting a log, click repoll, then search for likely keywords.

Tuner
    Thanks for the reply. I was able to get a better VE log and plan on getting a MAF log later after I activate it. I didn't delete the LTFT data prior to doing my VE log.