Thread: VCM Editor Tried to license wrong VIN somehow pulled in serial number vs VIN

Tuner in Training

VCM Editor Tried to license PCM with available credit, but editor not recognizing

I've submitted a ticket, but figured maybe someone could help.

My interface had 2 credits available.. I read the PCM and then attempted to write the file. It prompted saying I need to license it.. Everything seemed to work it gave me the option to license the individual vehicle (or so I thought). But it won't write the file. The "you need to license dialog" just flashes up then disappears now.

Going into help license information and it only shows my two other vehicles taking up 6 credits I have 8.

but under VCM Suite Info it shows this as a new Entry. That is what I attempted to license but it is the Serial number no the VIN showing.
    [Specific Vehicle]
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado (8 cyl) 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.1, 2EB2DY681336, (GM: 2)

That is not a VIN. it's like it tried to license the entire vehicle type or something. I did not do that. So it is in some type of odd state.

Under TuneDetails it shows that number 2EB2DY681336 as the serial number. Why would it do this. Any solutions? stuck for now.

I've had the interface for several years and and had 2 other vehicles form 05 and 09 on there.. I updated to the latest VCM 4.8.7 and the firmware was updated when I did this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wfo9; 05-16-2021 at 02:22 PM. Reason: Title was confusing

Seeing the serial number in the VCM suite info page is right, it's not suppose to show the VIN number there. None of my licensed computers show the VIN number there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Seeing the serial number in the VCM suite info page is right, it's not suppose to show the VIN number there. None of my licensed computers show the VIN number there.
    Ok, maybe it is normal to use the Serial number.. But this one looks quite different than these other vehicles listed there that I have since sold.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado (8 cyl) 4.8 5.3 5.7 6.0 8.1, 2EB2DY681336, (GM: 2)
    2005 Pontiac GTO (8 cyl), 86YKWBM042920AM4, [gto], (GM: 4)
    2009 Pontiac G8 (8 cyl), 86YRTMK18168FLVF, [white g8], (GM: 2)

And then under Help Licensing Info it only shows the last 2 (which are the ones I no longer have).

When I try to save any file read from the first one it says not licensed.. Gives the show License options dialog button, Then it quickly goes away when I click it.. It's like it got hung in some odd state where it is partially licensed. Guess I'll just have to wait till they get back with me.

Serial number format changed between Gen3 & Gen4.

Why is it showing 4 credits on the single GTO serial? Those only take two.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Why is it showing 4 credits on the single GTO serial? Those only take two.
    Been a while but pretty sure I tuned the Trans on it and at the time it took 4 credits to do so. It's been a while though so hard to remember all what I did to it.. Car was sold many years back.

Tuner in Training
    Ok. sounds like the license just did not take properly in the software for some odd reason. Hopefully they get back with me next week.

Tuner in Training
    Figured out the solution.. I had tried uninstalling and re-installing, but it kept and re-used the files users\documents\hp tuners

This time I backed up that folder somewhere else then deleted it. Un-installed VCM suite. Installed and then added my ApplicationKey again. Now all the License work and show up as expected..