Thread: 2011GMC 5.3 Need File

Potential Tuner

2011GMC 5.3 Need File

Hi everyone,

I have recently done a full rebuild on a 2011 GMC 5.3 Ive done a DOD/AFM Delete, VVT Delete, Added a Stage 2 BTR Cam 212/218 @.050" also did upgraded springs and lifters, I am very new to tuning and have been doing my best to research and learn as much as I can but also would like to reach out and see if anyone has a log file close to this and see if I can compare and try and get things tuned in better. Ive adjusted a few things but don't want to go crazy without being positive on my changes. Thank you in advance.

Senior Tuner
    Here's one that I did a few months ago. It was a mild Comp Cam 208/212 on a 112LS.

2011silverado53Lwhitecrewcab4wdStage1camKWMod.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Any specific DTCs I need to change? Also I see you have changed some of your Torque Management Settings such as Trans Input/Output Max, Rear Propshaft Max, and Enable Torque Delta. What are the reasons for those?

Potential Tuner

Tune Files

AttemptOffWhitecrewcab.hplAttemptOffWhiteCrewCab.hpt

Here are some files and these are some adjustments I just made. Was wondering if you could take a peek and see what you think. When coming to a stop sign the rpms drop then when im like stopped they jump for a second and then fall back down to idle.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shkapanski View Post
    Any specific DTCs I need to change? Also I see you have changed some of your Torque Management Settings such as Trans Input/Output Max, Rear Propshaft Max, and Enable Torque Delta. What are the reasons for those?
    I made to changes to disable engine TM. I'll take a look at your file.

Senior Tuner
    There are several things that will help. I'd recommend starting with set all of your idle tables to a minimum of 750 rpm to start with. You also need to increase the minimum airflow table a bit more. You might even add a couple degrees timing to your spark tables at idle and at WOT.
    I also would disable all of the engine TM settings.

Potential Tuner

Adjustment

So this is my adjustments, only went up a little on the min airflow and for the spark tables I only adjusted the idle spark advance, not sure if i need to adjust the base high/low octane tables, also not sure what all tm setting i should disable? Sorry I am just very new to all of this tuning..

AttemptOffWhiteCrewCab-MODS.hptAttOffwhitecrwcab- MODS.hpl

Senior Tuner
    There is a lot of room for improvement with things such as engine PE Mode, engine TM, transmission TM, shift points, etc. But you're certainly off to a good start.