Thread: Scanner can't see AEM 30-300 but 30-310 reads just fine.

Tuner in Training

Scanner can't see AEM 30-300 but 30-310 reads just fine.

I have a 30-310 that I used for a mobile WB. I recently installed a 30-300 into a different vehicle so it can have a permanent WB. I can see the 30-310 just fine but the channel disappears when I try to connect with the 30-300. I'm using the same DB9 to USB adapter. I've tried removing the channel and re-adding it. I've re-transformed it. I've got the blue wire going to pin 2 and the black going to 5. The gauge is working, I just don't see it in the scanner. What am I missing?

Tuner in Training
    Turns out this was a mistake on my part (I figured it was). I had changed the bezel and faceplate so that it would read Lambda and apparently I got the screws just a touch to tight which was causing the mode and select buttons to be constantly depressed. I loosened the screws, set it to lambda, and rebooted the scanner and now all is good.

Tuner in Training
    Ok so that only got me partially out of the woods.. The gauge reads super lean on it's display however it's near stoich on the output to the scanner. I can read afr or lambda on the scanner and it looks pretty close to the commanded the whole time. But the gauge reads 40-60% lean in afr or lambda. I switch between 3 or 4 digits on the gauge display but no change. Still super lean. What else am I missing?

Advanced Tuner
    The serial output of the gauge is wrong, when set to lambda display mode. i.e. it outputs 10.0 for lambda=1.0

So, divide by 10 to get the actual lambda value. This is a known issue. I think it was inherited from the old 30-4100/4110 gauges. And, kept to maintain compatibility.

The 30-0310 does not have display modes ( obviously ) . So, it does not have this issue.