Thread: Just changed to 1000cc injectors, looking for tips

Tuner in Training

Just changed to 1000cc injectors, looking for tips

2009 CTSV, has the "new" blower with probably only 10k on it from the factory TSB/Recall. 126k on the odometer.

I had this car tuned on stock injectors a few years ago and have been driving it on the street regularly.

Car has a CAI, Kooks headers, and a pulley....exact size I don't recall, it's been a few years.

I recently did the DW300 dual pump upgrade, and put 1000 cc injectors in the car, and a AEM-X.

I made the gross adjustment for the injector size in "flow rate vs. pressure". When I first started driving it, I was running very rich at WOT. My assumption was that I did not have the new injectors properly dialed, so I leaned it out a bit, that's that the 8% leaner and 10% leaner means in the log files. My car is a TR6060, I didn't look for a field to log what gear I was in, but that would be helpful in the future.

The underlying tune that is running the car has been in there for about 5 years, and was from a "reputable" tuners. Doing this myself and learning about how these work, I have been learning that even a lot of the "good" tuners aren't that good.

I live in PA and we have 93 at nearly all the local pumps, so that's what I'm running. Sorry if I left anything out.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Post your latest tune file and we can help you further.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry, don't know why I forgot to add that, here it is.1000ccinjx08%inc.hpt

I originally sized the injectors with exact proportion to the increase over stock. Perhaps due to the DW300, or injector difference, that was too rich. So I scaled the size of the injectors up another 8% in the flow rate v. pressure setting. I tried 10% briefly, but it was hitting high 12s, low 13s on the WB, so I went back to 8%.

What's the ideal AFR for the LSA?

When switching injectors, you have to edit more than just the flow rate. You'll need to know the voltage offset values and short pulse width adders values as well. This info should be provided with the injectors. Otherwise, you're just guessing.