Thread: 5.3 to 6.0

Potential Tuner

5.3 to 6.0

First let me say I'm very new to this tuning thing. I have done a bunch of searching but have not found any post that talk about the problem I am having. I had a 5.3 twin turbo in a 53 GMC that bent a couple of rods on the dyno so after converting it to a 6.0L same cam, bigger injectors and the same turbos I'm trying to just tune it for drivability right now and the problem I'm having is as soon as the truck starts to roll in gear the idle jumps up to about 1200 to 1400 rpm and stays there as long as the truck is rolling as soon as you stop the idle drops right down to 650. I tried to set the throttle crack to enable at 100 and disable at 98 but when I do that as soon as the truck starts moving in gear the idle starts to serge from about 500 to 900 rpm any advise would be very much appreciated.

Senior Tuner
    Try reducing the Throttle Cracker table by 50%.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Try reducing the Throttle Cracker table by 50%.
    I was able to get to my brothers tonight to try and reduce the throttle crack by 50%. It didn't seem to change it at all so i reduced it by another 50% and still the same result. as soon as the tire start turning the rpm jumps to about 1300 rpms. I did find out a new bit of info tonight. when the engine gave up on the dyno the guy doing the tuning just left everything as it was so I'm wondering if I can upload a file for someone to look at it and possibly point me in the right direction.