Thread: New to Tuning

Potential Tuner

New to Tuning

Hi everybody. Been a lurker here for a lot of years but finally purchased software and hopefully ready to dive in. I just ordered yesterday so I haven't gotten my software yet so no tune file yet. I do have a question though.

I just added a BTR stage 2 truck cam, heads, newer intake and 60lb injectors to my 2005 Silverado. I had a guy start tuning the truck but it doesn't run well at all(pretty sure the 43lb eBay injectors that are in it right now are a lot to blame for that). But anyway he hasn't gotten back to me which is what made me finally just make this purchase.

My question is, will I need to flash my computer back to stock before trying to tune with my software or can I just hook up and make changes to what is already there?

You can just hook it and make changes straight away so long as he didn't lock the computer, which many people rarely do anymore.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You can just hook it and make changes straight away so long as he didn't lock the computer, which many people rarely do anymore.
    That?s what I was hoping. Thank you