Thread: Supercharged LSX hesitation and idle issue

Tuner in Training

Supercharged LSX hesitation and idle issue

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a 2004 C5 Corvette with a LSX 376 and a Magnanuson TVS2300 SC. The previous owner had passed away and not much is known about it. I did a full tune up on it as it had been sitting for over a year - changed all fluids, filters, spark plugs (.40 gap), wires and replaced generic ebay coils with some MSD coils.

The issue I am having is a hesitation and stumbling around 1700rpm to 2400rpm. After that it drives just fine. Also the idle would randomly stay at 1500rpm for a little while then slowly come back down..

I can do a datalog (just got my hptuner) and post it or post a dump of the whole tune. Still playing around with the hptuner without doing anything dangerous or risky as a newbie lol.
    Last edited by fastloud; 05-22-2021 at 02:22 AM.

Gap should be approx .025 for the plugs. What plugs? If you can, post the tune and a log.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Agree with the gap being closer to 0.25 or 0.028; and copper tipped plugs will be more forgiving than iridium.

If I had to make a wild guess, you're too rich in the low load ranges, and the high idle is probably from a combination of too much minimum airflow, timing and fuel. But without data logs, it's naturally a completely wild-ass guess!

Tuner in Training
    Hmmm maybe that's why it felt like I lost some power? Ok I will do a datalog soon and post, perhaps a dump of the whole tune. Thanks guys!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Random84 View Post
    Agree with the gap being closer to 0.25 or 0.028; and copper tipped plugs will be more forgiving than iridium.

If I had to make a wild guess, you're too rich in the low load ranges, and the high idle is probably from a combination of too much minimum airflow, timing and fuel. But without data logs, it's naturally a completely wild-ass guess!
    Not sure if this would help, but here is a complete dump of the entire tune. I will take it out tomorrow or Sunday and do a datalog as well.

BTW, I don't think I mentioned it but the car also uses a Boost-a-pump with the fuel pump.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    Gap should be approx .025 for the plugs. What plugs? If you can, post the tune and a log.
    I got a chance to take her out this Sunday and do a few logs. This is the first one from when I backed out of the driveway and got on the highway. Did a hard pull as well. I am using AC Delco 41-104 Iridium plugs currently gapped to .035
    Attached Files Attached Files