Thread: need help with tune ls1 turbo maf

Tuner in Training

need help with tune ls1 turbo maf

this is my tune on maf or i have a 2 bar i tried to tune it was not running good went back to maf ill post the sd tune to a ihave a lma wideband but dont now how to hook it to hp tuners anything would help thankswth the wide band and the maf tune its running around 11.0 a wot and idels arond 14.7 front mount turbo around 7ps1 of boost may b a littil less thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 00firebirdws6 View Post
    this is my tune on maf or i have a 2 bar i tried to tune it was not running good went back to maf ill post the sd tune to a ihave a lma wideband but dont now how to hook it to hp tuners anything would help thankswth the wide band and the maf tune its running around 11.0 a wot and idels arond 14.7 front mount turbo around 7ps1 of boost may b a littil less thanks
    would rather run sd tune but i noticed injector b1 or b2 was not rejestering or nether of the o2 sensors wasent rejestering was runing really lean

Advanced Tuner
    The tune is wrong in many areas to even to begin tuning. The MAF fail DTCs need to be set to 2 not 3-No error. The Boost enrichment needs to be populated with your target and your PE is set to 1 which means no enrichment. This would absolutely cause a lean condition. If 11.0 is your preferred target AFR then set the Boost enrichment to 1.336 from 110kpa and up and make 105 something like say 1.16. PE needs to be set to 1.336 from 3200 and up while the 0-1600rpm can be set at something like 1.14 and then interploate between 1600 and 3200. That is a good place to start. Also right now you have almost no timing in it at all. Probably 8 degrees or less. Not a bad thing now but should be able to handle 14-18 degrees on 91 oct at least. Also may want to put in STFT only and turn off the DFCO in order to get the fine tuning done with no other influences.

Tuner in Training
    is there any reason the injectors or o2 r not rejesterting could u help me with that tune i could reambust u

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah sure. I will need a little time as I have my tuning laptop at the shop. But for now what year is your car and more details on the setup. I will send you a starter tune and maybe even a config to start scanning. But it does look like you have a O2 issue because the one side is reading 26% and the other is reading 4% STFT.

Tuner in Training
    2000 firebird ls1 no egr rear o2 no cats 52 lbs injectors 255 fuel pump front mount turbo about 6 to 7 ps1 of boost stock bottom end t56 tranny any thing else let me no thanks alot

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 00firebirdws6 View Post
    2000 firebird ls1 no egr rear o2 no cats 52 lbs injectors 255 fuel pump front mount turbo about 6 to 7 ps1 of boost stock bottom end t56 tranny any thing else let me no thanks alot
    and wen i put the 2 bar there was a dtc 300 code misefire it was running bad so mayb thats the o2 sensor problem with the maf it went away and the stock map back it stoped

Advanced Tuner
    OK try this file and log with this config and lets see what happens.

Tuner in Training
    Ok wen I get off work I'll do it thanks

Tuner in Training
    i put that sd tune runs better ust when in the boost its not pulliing very hard and in boost its running a good air fuel ratio just wen comming to a stop it wants to die idel goes way down and air fuel ratio goes lean until idel comes back up hir and when starting it runes real lean till it stableises and goes good air fuel ratio just not very much power in boost i thout i saved the vcm scanner wen i drove it the first time bt i didnt have to do it tomarrow

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds good. We dont want power right now anyway. It is UNTUNED. You need to stay out of boost for any real length of time right now. Now we can start tuning the driveable range. Get a log when you can and send it back. When in boost you need a WB. Without it you will need to get a dyno tune. If you were fairly close to Cincinnati I could do it on my dyno but dont know where you are located.

Tuner in Training
    I have a lm2 wideband do u no haw to hook it too hp tuner Wat to log drivable condition the scanner that has all the sensors that says saw next them

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I will get you the info.

Advanced Tuner
    OK Sorry it took so long. The LM2 has an analog output that you must wire to the interface. look in the help section of the vcm scanner and look under working with the scanner. then under enhanced eio you will see a section on wiring up an LC1. Same basic idea. Use Input AD1 which is pin 1 and Ground which is pin5. The LM2 will have a ground and an analog output that will hook into these pins. The cinfiguration I sent you should work and is already configured. Get that far and let me know.

Potential Tuner
    hi i am looking for someone to help me with my ls6 with a t76 turbo with a cam in my 99 tahoe i have wb with hp tuners wire in my egr line and working i can seed you my file and i will be happy to pay you for any help and i will get together everything done to the motor in a file and sent it to you my tahoe is 7'6" so dyno is out or i would have had that done but there all 6'6" my name is Stan number is 2134344196 thank you for your time i get it to run ok then turn it off come back and start it then back to running bad and this is a new long block to
    Last edited by stanson moore; 05-18-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: for pic of motor