Thread: 05 CTS-V with 80E Swap stalls going WOT from idle

Tuner in Training

05 CTS-V with 80E Swap stalls going WOT from idle

2005 CTS-V(P59 ECM) with a built 4L80E swap, segment swap from a silverado 2500, LSA blower, 1050 injectors and a 3000rpm stall. It wont allow me to gradually or abruptly get up on the converter, it will fight me at 800-900rpm and will not surpass that until I get rolling. If I try to floor it from idle it dies when it's in gear. The car doesn't have a neutral safety switch if that matters, it thinks it's always in drive. There are no brake torque or fast torque exit parameters in the torque management sections of this ROM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is there a brake torque mngt in the systems options?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes. I turned that off and now it will come up on the converter from a stop however it will still just die if you try to abruptly punch it from a stand still.

Post the tune.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Here ya go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Is that injector data right? 1050's are only 100lb/hr at I assume 3 bar pressure and like 12% higher at 4 bar but the tune has flow rates at 130+. Just curious is all because that seems wrong.

Is your timing being so low down at 5 degrees a possible cause?

Tuner in Training
    Yes, the car runs close to 4 bar fuel pressure so the flow data was increased to represent that. I was leary to add timing down low on a 93 only PD blown LS6 but I'll bump it up and see what changes.

Advanced Tuner
    Did you notice that the converter completely locks up when you go WOT?
    2009.5 PBM G8 GXP M6 W/Roof-Self tune, OBX LTs, Kooks axleback, LSA blower, cam,
    Monster LT1-SC clutch, flex fuel, 12 psi [email protected] 1,800 D.A
    2007 TBSS-Self tune, bolt ons [email protected], 1,900 D.A
    1991 GMC Syclone- Self tune/catback 12.8@104, 4,200ft D.A

Advanced Tuner
    Not enough data to really tell. Could be the LSA going insanely lean on a tip in, as they are known to do. Could be the low spark not able to keep up with the blower load and causing torque to go negative. Could be whatever is compromising the torque before you even hit the throttle to kill the engine...an LS6 shouldn't idle in gear near 90kpa, throttle at max idle capacity...