Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4th gen tahoe . FLEX fuel sensor gone wacko

good info
    EAST TEXAS DYNO
    SERVING ALL OF EAST TEXAS

Quote Originally Posted by mach View Post
    so, if i were to just go in and change stoich only from 14.7 to 12.0. ,then the 02's would suddenly try to richen the tune?
    The o2s wont do anything but read whether you're above or below stoich, regardless of fuel.

If you change the tune's stoich setpoint to 12.0 it's going to think it needs to add more fuel to achieve stoich. So it will go rich, followed by the o2s reporting that the are way to rich and if you're in closed loop the fuel trims will subtracti fuel until the o2s are oscillating around stoich again. (And your trims will look like garbage)

Quote Originally Posted by 383_Stroker View Post
    The o2s wont do anything but read whether you're above or below stoich, regardless of fuel.

If you change the tune's stoich setpoint to 12.0 it's going to think it needs to add more fuel to achieve stoich. So it will go rich, followed by the o2s reporting that the are way to rich and if you're in closed loop the fuel trims will subtracti fuel until the o2s are oscillating around stoich again. (And your trims will look like garbage)
    sorry,. i did not mean 02's. i meant STFT's. my bad lol