Thread: e67 complete write issues

Tuner in Training

e67 complete write issues

i have a 07 soletices that i want to copy the ecu program. and put it onto my 07 cobalt ecu. they are both 2.4 ecotecs. and both have aid linsnces. i want to do this so when i run e85 i can just swap ecus in the soletice. but when i do a complete rewrite with the soltice program onto the cobalt ecu i lose the capability to have throttle control. ive done this kinda thing with gen 3 ls ecus. does this not work for the 2.4 ecotec with e67???

Advanced Tuner
    Gen IV+ ECMs can only be flashed when service numbers are compatible and then by using GM SPS. HPTuners does not flash the 2 slave CPU segments, which control the DBW and will leave you with a dead pedal like you're describing.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Tuner in Training
    thank you for letting me know. becuase this was really driving me up a wall

Tuner in Training
    can gm sps rewrite a old ecu if the serivice numbers match?? or does it work only with virgin ecus??

I have programmed many ECU's from wrecking yards etc with SPS. Nearly every single rebuild I have ever installed had a VIN and OS loaded into the module. Difference is when you first start SPS you need to select replace and program rather than reprogram