Thread: Regal TourX LTG with E80 ECU; anyone try reading/tuning one yet?

Tuner in Training

Regal TourX LTG with E80 ECU; anyone try reading/tuning one yet?

Has anyone tried reading a Regal TourX? I know the LTG E80 is supported on other platforms, and I have been dabbling with the one in my wife's 2.0T 18' Equinox successfully, but per HP Tuners supported vehicles list, it's not supported (yet). I don't have a 2018+ Regal, otherwise I would just try it myself ; )

I'm assuming engine support would be the only possibility, as unfortunately they use an 8 Speed Aisin AWD transmission that I'm sure is a baste** child just like the V-Sport CTS...

Potential Tuner
    I swear someone on either Buick forums or the TourX Facebook page said they were able to tune theirs with HP Tuners. But do you think I could find that post/message/user....

Not much help, I know. I'm still undecided between getting everything to tune mine, or just hand Trifecta some money.

Senior Tuner
    Concerning your wife's 2018 Equinox. I also have a 2.0 2018 Equinox. I read my file but the transmission doesn't read. If you credit the vehicle will it then read and be able to tune the tranny? HPTs site says you have to get the tranny unlocked with the 8 and 10 speed trannys but nothing about this 9 speed.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Concerning your wife's 2018 Equinox. I also have a 2.0 2018 Equinox. I read my file but the transmission doesn't read. If you credit the vehicle will it then read and be able to tune the tranny? HPTs site says you have to get the tranny unlocked with the 8 and 10 speed trannys but nothing about this 9 speed.
    The 9 speed uses the T87A also (like the 8 and 10 sp), so it cannot be read. Not sure if there is tuning support for them.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    The 9 speed uses the T87A also (like the 8 and 10 sp), so it cannot be read. Not sure if there is tuning support for them.
    Thanks! Transmission tune is what I was mostly interested. Shift varies as much as 900 rpm 1-2 gear vs. 3- 4.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 8850 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    The 2018+ T87a can be read and tuned, but you need HP Tuners to physically unlock it first, per their paid service. I was Told it supports the 9 speed but have not tried it yet. They actually have to modify the controller hardware to bypass security before flashing can take place. I've only been messing with the engine so far, which tunes like a normal LTG credit wise. https://www.hptuners.com/product/tcm...RoCPo4QAvD_BwE
    Last edited by UglyBoost91; 08-19-2021 at 01:53 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyBoost91 View Post
    The 2018+ T87a can be read and tuned, but you need HP Tuners to physically unlock it first, per their paid service. I was Told it supports the 9 speed but have not tried it yet. They actually have to modify the controller hardware to bypass security before flashing can take place. I've only been messing with the engine so far, which tunes like a normal LTG credit wise. https://www.hptuners.com/product/tcm...RoCPo4QAvD_BwE
    For me having to send it in and paying to have it unlocked isn't worth it. Were this a race car like a Corvette, GT500, Camaro, etc. might be worth it but not this little 2.0.