Thread: 2105 8L90 tuning question

2105 8L90 tuning question

Tried searching the forum and no luck in finding what I am looking for. Friend needs some shift scheduling changed on his 2015 silverado, confirmed it has the 8 speed. HP tuners site says for 2017+ TCM tuning, it needs to be unlocked. There is no mention of 2015 needing this, and it is also not listed as a supported controller on the site. Can someone shed some light on this for me? Can I tune this TCM with just credits, does it need to be unlocked, or is it not compatible at all?

Thanks!

Edit to add, is a 2015 truck, can't change the title it seems.
    Last edited by vettemakesemwet; 05-19-2021 at 02:07 PM.
    03 Z06 stock.......for now
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Senior Tuner
    Should be able to with licensing the vehicle. I do those with Tunercat with just a normal read and write so if TC can do them I'm sure HPT can as well.

Those were my thoughts as well. Just curious why it wasn't listed. Also possible I overlooked it. Thanks!
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily
    I have realized that tuning is a rabbit hole. No problem diving down this hole, in fact I jumped willingly. Just want to avoid hitting every ugly rock or root on the way down it.

Motor and TCM combined on the 15 so only 2 credits and cam tune both modules

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Motor and TCM combined on the 15 so only 2 credits and cam tune both modules
    The good old days...

Hey Ben, it has the TCM on the firewall where the older TAC modules used to be. Are they physically 2 modules that are licensed as one, or am I missing something? I personally like my gen 3 stuff...lol.

Turns out it wasn't "hunting" gears, is a throttle issue.

I made this thread, if any of you have some insight, I would appreciate it. I'm new to gen 5 stuff, and trying to learn as I go.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...416#post651416

Also, if the link doesn't link, my apologies, I'm still learning how to use this forum.

Also to add, that thread has the full read on the truck, ECM, TCM, and what I assume is the FPCM.
    05 Siearra 5.3 daily